• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Found a Farm, was a short sale and the Wife has family all over MD and our Grand kids are here (MD)...

Good for you! And Welcome back when you get here!

My parents have a Farm in MD. Was there for 3 years till I couldn't expand due to zoning issues in Washington County. I really miss the 100 yard, 300 Yard and 1000 Yard Range I had set up there (for Personal Use). Moved to Southern MD which was about as stupid as a thing to do as it gets. MD laws got crazier and we moved to WV. Cost us about $40,000 total to move but the taxes are less and our taxes are going to more Firearms Friendly Government.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Good for you! And Welcome back when you get here!

My parents have a Farm in MD. Was there for 3 years till I couldn't expand due to zoning issues in Washington County. I really miss the 100 yard, 300 Yard and 1000 Yard Range I had set up there (for Personal Use). Moved to Southern MD which was about as stupid as a thing to do as it gets. MD laws got crazier and we moved to WV. Cost us about $40,000 total to move but the taxes are less and our taxes are going to more Firearms Friendly Government.

When we purchased it I still lived in NC, so once I "become" a resident we will have the zoning done so we can expand. Sometimes you do what you have to do...I realize to Laws are different from State to State but "Adapt and Overcome".

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Adapt is fine. Overcome is discouraging to say the least.

For example: When in Southern MD, we applied for a business license. Had to get Fire Marshal to sign off on the application. We were place in contact with a fire marshal located in Baltimore County 2 hours away instead of one in St Mary's that would have been more firearms friendly. We had to state that we would not store any powder, primers or do any reloading in the building. This was a fairly late model Steel Building with 25 feet ceiling. How many times does Gun Powder and Manufacturing of Ammo Cause building fires?? We were told to sign a statement stating we would not do Reloading or Store Powder and Primes in large quantities in the building, and our approval would be ok'd. We signed that we would not and got a 40 foot sea container to loading and store Powder and Primers. We got the approval to proceed. We then went back to County office for License, we were again denied due to Fire Marshal not physically visiting the place. What the **** Soon after we decided to move to WV anyway. Got business license here in about 2 weeks! No stated Restrictions, but we have a Sprinkler system in the building - not that WV asked.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    precisionfirearms, You did "Overcome" you left a unfriendly Business State to a Friendly Business State. Though I wasn't aware of your reason for the exidus but good for you to achieve your goal. I on the other don't intend to have a business in MD, be more than happy to give you my business when the time comes. We have our reasons for being in MD, I am originally from NY been around the world and tired of moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom