• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    You are convenient to the preferred MSI meeting place of late. During the General Assembly season, you can drop by in minutes.

Good to know, thanks!

Get on the Waiting List for AA Fish& Game now, it is just around the corner.

I looked at that club and thought about joining, but wasn't a fan of the wait list, required sponsorship by a current member, six-month probation period where you can't shoot without a "full" member present, high cost ($500 to get your foot in the door) and poor hours of operation (if you work 9-5 like me, you have a maximum of 3 hours a week to shoot anything other than 22LR).

Yes, it'd be the closest club but with all those negatives, I'll be looking elsewhere. Twelfth Precinct over in Harwood has some potential. It'd be about a half hour drive in good traffic. The other is the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

Pick & choose your timing to avoid the backups, and short hop over the bay bridge to Eastern Shore . In shooting related context, this means ( a little over an hour ? ) to Delmarva Sporting Clays , to get your long range rifle fix.

I've only shot paper targets, but will probably get into clays eventually.

I'm used to random independent carry outs and convenience stores having slightly overpriced beer, and a real liquor store (privately owned) practically on every corner.

I'm used to government monopoly on everything, all of it being overpriced, and located only where they damn well want to be located (in Ontario). My current corner of NM has very few stores of any kind, but the grocery store does sell beer, wine and liquor - a decent selection for decent prices. There's a great liquor store about 25 minutes away though that looks like nothing from the outside, but inside has good prices and the best selection of alcohol I've ever seen in my life. It has EVERYTHING you'd ever want, and a bunch of stuff you never even knew you wanted. I'll definitely miss that place. Haha.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    I wouldn't move to pg county if u can help it. Like previous posters have said, next to baltimore it probably has the most violent crime in maryland, although there are "nice looking areas". AA county is a step up but still falls under the same boat depending on where you live. AA county is also host to the state capital, annapolis. Which at first glance is a quaint waterfront town, but also there is a ton of crime that you wont see just by visiting. QA. Is where i live now. Less crime and is cheaper than AA and PG by lot. But if u have to commute over the bridge it might be a deal breaker during the summer.
    Theyre less ranges out here cause most people shoot on there own land. But the range i usually shoot at is about an hour and 5 min from the bay bridge called delmarva sporting clays. Anyways good luck! But for real i would stay away from pg county.

Yeah, we ended up going with eastern AA county, in the Arnold area. QA county was the front-runner based on the home listings, but when we actually got to see them in person, the homes needed a lot more work than we thought. That and the commute times (my wife works in AA county, and I'll probably be working in DC or Baltimore soon) made the decision for us. We took PG county off the table before we even viewed a home there, based on recommendations from the folks on here. Our realtor agreed with that decision 100%. Good call!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom