• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    I'm headed out west (for me at least) to Frederick this weekending and I'm wondering if there are any gun stores you'd recommend visiting?

I'm not particularly in the market for anything right now (just bought an M&P Pro) but I am always down to visit a good gun store. Also wouldn't mind picking up some ammo. Also if you know of any great outdoor ranges in the Frederick area, I'd love to visit some.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Shooters Discount in Mt. Airy, but be sure to check store hours before stopping buy [sic!].

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Lou is great and all, but if you're looking for ammo, he's not a traditional shop that has shelves of ammo and other stuff. Not a knock, just an FYI. Gunrunners doesn't have much in the way of ammo either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lou is great and all, but if you're looking for ammo, he's not a traditional shop that has shelves of ammo and other stuff. Not a knock, just an FYI. Gunrunners doesn't have much in the way of ammo either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should check Lou's hours too. He should be open on Saturdays, as long as there's not a gun show to attend. Agree with the suggestions of Gunrunners and Hafers in addition to Shooters Discount. Gunrunners is the only one of these in Frederick per se. For ammo, one can go to Dick's Sporting Goods or one of the two Walmarts in Frederick.

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    The people at Gunrunners are very friendly and helpful. I bought my Springfield from them awhile back. Not a massive selection but they'll get you what you want.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    +1 for GunRunners.

They are located across the street from the downtown parking deck and Civil War Medicine Museum on Patrick street.
    They are down a small alley next to a bagel and coffee shop.
    Look for the sidewalk sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom