• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Stocking up on 0%'s just in case this goes through...

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 12.20.06 PM.jpg

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I have all the Matrix Precision 1911 jigs, plus the Marvell hammer/sear jig. If you want to do a 1911/2011, we can arrange a time for access to the jigs.

I still need to get over there and get started on mine, that you offered.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I've seen some of these 3D printed guns on You tube. Many explode or Crack badly after one shot. It reminds me of the zip-gun days. I understand the tech is new, and will get better with time. I have to say I'm in favor of this bill, there will come a time when anyone could run off an entire series of firearms with no oversight at all. My biggest concern would be if they injure the user, there is no recourse.

I think you might be on the wrong forum.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    When will they realize that one of the big reasons people want to have their guns is for a time when people want to take their guns? Do none of them know any history?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    When will they realize that one of the big reasons people want to have their guns is for a time when people want to take their guns? Do none of them know any history?

No, they do not. And if they do, they don't think they will act like those in history... :sad20:

Just leave us the f*ck alone - we didn't shot anyone.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Just noticed something else. There are key sections of the bill text that prohibit possession, sale, transport etc of:

A FIREARM THAT IS NOT IMPRINTED WITH A SERIAL NUMBER ISSUED BY A FEDERALLY LICENSED FIREARMS MANUFACTURER OR FEDERALLY LICENSED FIREARMS IMPORTER IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS REGULATING THE MANUFACTURE AND IMPORT OF FIREARMS

Besides the illegality of asking an FFL to serialise a firearm they didn't manufacture, there's another problem with this text, albeit it's more the problem of whatever hapless prosecutor has to convict people under this proposed law.

Firearms manufactured at the time for personal use are specifically exempted by the ATF from the serialisation requirement. So in theory, a firearm manufactured for personal use lacking a serial number is already perfectly "imprinted with a serial number... ...in compliance with all federal laws and regulations", because those referenced regulations clearly specify it doesn't have to be serialised.

Oh well.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    SOTs offer engraving services for NFA Form 1 purposes all the time, they're not manufacturing those firearms either.

They are also not putting THEIR name on it. They are basically a sub contractor for the manufacturer.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I'll go. Perfectly honest I'm not sure what to say that would not sound like a broken record or just sound stupid though. Even just for the back ground moral support and get a feel for the hostile environment and how to testify on 1261 when it comes up.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I'll go. Perfectly honest I'm not sure what to say that would not sound like a broken record or just sound stupid though. Even just for the back ground moral support and get a feel for the hostile environment and how to testify on 1261 when it comes up.

Doesn't matter. How will the bill affect you? Make it personal.

And it's totally OK to just say "This is a bad bill. I oppose it."

And, yes, I'm planning to be there on the 26th.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Don’t forget to book your reservation at Ruth’s Chris. I think our group of WWNC needs to
    Make an appearance.
    dff426b37e54d436de4615619856e8a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apdbobby

Jun 12, 2013
    Easton
    Doesn't matter. How will the bill affect you? Make it personal.

And it's totally OK to just say "This is a bad bill. I oppose it."

And, yes, I'm planning to be there on the 26th.

So here is something to say!
    I just completed an on line firarms technology program! Gunsmith basically! One of the classes you have to build a 80% 1911 or AR! So this bill would stop someone’s education! That’s not very left minded

apdbobby

Jun 12, 2013
    Easton
    I just did a 80% poly a few months ago! Great experience, little pricey. Point is the 80% poly company does sell serialized lowers just in case this law passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom