• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Don’t forget they’ll leave doing 15 or more over the posted limit. Because speeding never hurt anyone. I was driving home and MM passed me like I was standing still and I’m always 10 minimum over the limit. Saw the bumper sticker and just laughed at the hypocrisy.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They just throw shit at a wall, see what sticks. They’ll tell the mad mommies they banned ghost guns. They will breathe a collective sigh of relief, take their atrophic vaginas back home, right after stopping at Wholefoods for some soy “chicken” for dinner. Everyone will feel so much safer. Their hubands voices will go up an octave in relief as they declare their pronouns today to be “her”.

The murder rate in Baltimore will go up, as will the reports of stolen firearms, since the insatiable murder machine in Baltimore will keep churning with nary a hiccup, since it’s the only thing in Baltimore that is consistent. They’ll drop “ghost gun” charges if you are a career criminal, and have them out on the street in no time.

Oh, and if you or I get caught, we’ll lose everything.

This. They’ll say this law is one more tool in the law enforcement toolbox against “gun violence” and all the leftist whackos will rejoice…………and nothing will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    MSI will have a message out soon.

Given the House committee's vapid treatment of the bill (e.g. Lopez and whatever-her-name-was with the whole "are gun owners law abiding citizens if they break this law after it's enacted?" commentary), this will surely pass. The members of the Senate committee seemed much more involved in pointing out the plain-faced problems in the bill, and therefore seems more likely to push amendments in it.

If it goes without amendment in the House, it will likely differ from the Senate bill, which makes reconciliation likely to take some time, and that makes it more likely that a veto will be able to hold this by a year.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Given the House committee's vapid treatment of the bill (e.g. Lopez and whatever-her-name-was with the whole "are gun owners law abiding citizens if they break this law after it's enacted?" commentary), this will surely pass. The members of the Senate committee seemed much more involved in pointing out the plain-faced problems in the bill, and therefore seems more likely to push amendments in it.

You are still a law-abiding citizen if you choose to ignore Unconstitutional laws passed by enemies of freedom.

Once the 2A was incorporated against the States, they ceased to have this kind of power. Telling tyrants where we keep our guns was certainly NOT what was intended. The f'ing American Revolution was kicked off by...wait for it...gun confiscation. They'd be wise to remember.

elwojo

Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    You are still a law-abiding citizen if you choose to ignore Unconstitutional laws passed by enemies of freedom.

Once the 2A was incorporated against the States, they ceased to have this kind of power. Telling tyrants where we keep our guns was certainly NOT what was intended. The f'ing American Revolution was kicked off by...wait for it...gun confiscation. They'd be wise to remember.

Absolutely agree.

An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; it affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as inoperative as though it had never been passed.​
    - Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425 (1886)

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/118/425/

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Absolutely agree.

An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; it affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as inoperative as though it had never been passed.​

This should be a t-shirt. We can wear it in Annapolis. This should also be EVERYBODY's testimony. Read that passage to them. Again and again.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The citations of cases of old do not prevent police from making arrests or worse. Few people who fly the "do not comply" flag would actually be willing to put their livelihoods, relationships, and bodies on the line over their ability to own certain types of guns. These bills are dangerous and they will be enforced if enacted.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The citations of cases of old do not prevent police from making arrests or worse. Few people who fly the "do not comply" flag would actually be willing to put their livelihoods, relationships, and bodies on the line over their ability to own certain types of guns. These bills are dangerous and they will be enforced if enacted.

They are delusional if they think this can be enforced. They may get someone here and there. Mostly they will get law abiding citizens. If they to apply charges to criminals using "ghost guns" I have no doubt the charges will be dropped for them. Not for me, of course.

elwojo

Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland

I don't "do not comply" for exactly that reason - even though that effectively gives wings to tyranny. I'd rather stay safe in my boring life than end up in some shitty prison because some jack-booted thug wants to exert power over a me with an unjust, Unconstitutional law.

For this particular instance, I'll probably have to store certain firearms out of state since it seems getting them serialized won't happen because the whole law is poorly thought out.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    hb425030322.jpg

Hit up the Judiciary Committee to respectfully make your concerns known on HB425 here: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...er/291-house-judiciary-committee-hb425-030322

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Absolutely agree.

Except unfortunately the judiciary decides what is and isn’t constitutional. Until that time it’s f around and find out.

If the courts says it is unconstitutional then you are in the clear. Well, except for any costs incurred or time you might have spent in jail/prison and possibly lost job, house, etc.

The courts have not said “well if you think it is unconstitutional you don’t have to follow the law and no worries, you’ll get left alone until we sort it out and if we decide in the end it is constitutional and then you have to start following it (I mean, unless you really don’t want to)”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom