• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    In order to get a veto chance in the regular session.

A special session is very hard to do and I don't think dems will pull that off. However, I HAVE been hearing talk from some of them that they are planning to call one to override vetoes. I guess they realize they've been moving too slow and Hogan is likely to veto a bunch of their stuff they care really deeply about and they don't want to have to spend a bunch of legislative time next session once it is a new legislature having to re-introduce, hold hearings, debate, etc.

From their perspective I can get it. I don't like it, but I can get it.

I hope they don't get what they want.

They have to have an issue to call a special session about. They can't call one just to over ride vetos.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    They can’t call a special session to override a veto this year. See Dblas’s post above in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can call a special session, not specifically to over ride vetos. It has to be a single issue special session (i.e. School maintenance), then they can over ride vetoes during that special session before they deal with the school maintenance issue.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm sure you've seen them bend the timetable to meet their will before. And if they fail this time they'll just be back next session

Not typically during the session, and the time frame shenanigans on the "last day" are session days vs physical days.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It’s an election year and guess what they cannot do for their campaigns when they’re in session…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom