• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    To all that emailed and protested and testified and helped in any way - my hat's off to you.
    To those that carried the load and were there week after week - God bless you all for the relentless hard work.
    I could not have been prouder to stand shoulder to shoulder with such men and women, patriots all.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The loss was stinging because Chris Cox went on NRA TV and supported ERPO after for years NRA was against it. And supported Federal funds for states to adopt them. Right after Trump said lets get all the guns and go to court later.

People can claim well NRA testified against it, but in reality at best that was muddled messaging, and at worst seen as trying to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Look on the bright side, what Florida passed this year was way worse in all respects than what made it through MD.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My calls have fell into the voice mail pit of hell , I left my phone number to give them the ability to block me knowing they will never call me back . Hogan has won the election already , he is really going to be hard to beat . And he knows it .

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    I also emailed Hogan's campaign office and told them that I would not be giving any future contributions if Hogan did not veto HB1302 due to its override of due process and exposure of the State to the costs of defending the violation of civil rights lawsuits. Here is the address:

info@hoganforgovernor.com

I made a point to remind them that I had contributed both before and after his last election, and to focus on the due process aspect and not the 2nd Amendment.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    The loss was stinging because Chris Cox went on NRA TV and supported ERPO after for years NRA was against it. And supported Federal funds for states to adopt them. Right after Trump said lets get all the guns and go to court later.

People can claim well NRA testified against it, but in reality at best that was muddled messaging, and at worst seen as trying to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Look on the bright side, what Florida passed this year was way worse in all respects than what made it through MD.

The 11th Circuit court will say that the Florida law is unconstitutional. The 4th Circuit will say MD law constitutional. Neither will be heard by SCOTUS.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The 11th Circuit court will say that the Florida law is unconstitutional. The 4th Circuit will say MD law constitutional. Neither will be heard by SCOTUS.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    Predictions are hard, especially about the future. The good news, if any, Kennedy and Ginsburg with both retire after June 2018.

If Kennedy and/or Ginsburg leave the bench, by retiring or otherwise, will the Republicans have the numbers and the will to confirm another constitutionalist judge?

GLR En

Aug 26, 2017
    If Kennedy and/or Ginsburg leave the bench, by retiring or otherwise, will the Republicans have the numbers and the will to confirm another constitutionalist judge?

The will is the big question. They need to grow a backbone first to stand up against the Democrats.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Kathy Afzali's response to my displeasure.....

I understand your concerns and I have them as well with 2nd Amendment issues. However, facts about HB 1302 are more important than what is on Facebook or social media.
    I, like Governor Hogan, supported the Red Flag bill because I don’t want people who are mentally deranged to have access to firearms. I fully support the 2nd Amendment, which is why I have an A rating from the National Rifle Association. However, I believe that convicted criminals and the seriously mentally ill should not have access to firearms. Currently Maryland says that if you are involuntarily committed to a mental institution you cannot purchase a firearm.

I heard the due process concerns after this legislation passed the House, and I worked with Republican members in the Senate (particularly Senator Hough) to address these. The House ended up passing the Senate version which addressed the due process concerns of many. The NRA was part of the workgroup on that bill. The NRA had several amendments added and, in the end, did not oppose the bill.

The following changes were made that I supported:

1. Any interested party was removed and those who can petition a court would now have to be law enforcement, family or a medical doctor

2. The final order requires a clear and convincing standard

3. Law enforcement can be held liable for damage to firearms and they must not mark the firearm and must store them in cases

4. Disqualified individuals can transfer their firearm to a dealer or family member, who is not in the same home

5. At every stage, judges can now order emergency mental health evaluations.

6. Timelines for speedy return of firearms for individuals who were cleared was added to the language.

I do not believe that someone who is an extreme risk of violence should have a firearm. I stand by my vote.

If you have any other question please call me at the number below as I am happy to discuss further.

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    Which one of the announced Democrat hopefuls do you like best?

That is why I emailed that I would make no more contributions if Hogan did not veto. I may have no choice for my vote but I do not have to spend my money on someone that screws me over. I am realizing that I have many more and better options with candidates for other offices and 2A organizations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom