• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Am I reading this right? For every Copycat Weapon that I legally own prior to 10/1/2020, the registration fee is $290. There is no free registration prior to January 1, 2021?

If I am reading this correctly, this is absurd. Then again, this is Atterbeary looking out for her rich constituents/contributors and screwing over the poor. Good. The rich will be able to easily out gun the poor, unless they happen to be poor criminals. All written tongue in cheek.

Now, I have to get back to work so I can afford these ridiculous registration fees.

What is absurd is that:
    1. We are expected to register our property.
    2. Anyone would comply.

Go to work to earn money for what YOU want to spend it on, not to give to a tyrannical state simply so that you can keep your property for another year or two. ANYONE who thinks that registering their property won't lead to confiscation of said property is either burying their head in the sand or naïve. It's really that simple folks. If this edict passes you have three choices:
    1. Leave the state.
    2. Comply and live on your knees. Be assured that this option WILL 100% guaranteed result in eventual seizure of your property.
    3. Not comply. This last one can take various forms none of which I care to elaborate on here.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    What is absurd is that:
    1. We are expected to register our property.
    2. Anyone would comply.

Go to work to earn money for what YOU want to spend it on, not to give to a tyrannical state simply so that you can keep your property for another year or two. ANYONE who thinks that registering their property won't lead to confiscation of said property is either burying their head in the sand or naïve. It's really that simple folks. If this edict passes you have three choices:
    1. Leave the state.
    2. Comply and live on your knees. Be assured that this option WILL 100% guaranteed result in eventual seizure of your property.
    3. Not comply. This last one can take various forms none of which I care to elaborate on here.

You can always comply and order a bunch of 80's as insurance. Keep the 80's in the closet and then build them up after the confiscation and/or when the SHTF. Can also just buy a CNC machine or a 3D printer and keep some plans on a thumbdrive and hide them in a time capsule out by the old oak tree.

So, comply and buy some insurance. lol Only people without any sense whatsoever would think that this would prevent anything.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    You can always comply and order a bunch of 80's as insurance. Keep the 80's in the closet and then build them up after the confiscation and/or when the SHTF. Can also just buy a CNC machine or a 3D printer and keep some plans on a thumbdrive and hide them in a time capsule out by the old oak tree.

So, comply and buy some insurance. lol Only people without any sense whatsoever would think that this would prevent anything.

Problem is this will reach far beyond ARs as written. Isn't an 80 for everything unfortunately.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

This.

I will register everything I have that is registered. Multiple uppers can go to the range on a registered lower.

A properly motivated individual can have multiple 80 percent lowers, function tested before the ban, which are kept in the closet. If/when we need to turn them in, a stripped lower is all they get. I do not condone breaking any laws which will no doubt make us all safer.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

That'll sure help with HK's, FAL's, vintage Colt's, AK's, all manner of pre-ban rifles...…we're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of firearms.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

I will refer you to this proposed HB910 bill 6-404(B)(1) and 6-404 (B)(2)(II) for your reading pleasure with regard to the highlighted ideas, since you're speaking about conflicting approaches to compliance.

Here is the thread for 80's and other related HB910/SB958 discussion: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=241921

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I was having a good weekend until I read this thread... WTF is wrong with these garbage lawmakers? (rhetorical). When is this being heard? Are they going to allow testimony on this one? I pray we get to show up...

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    This doesn't make any sense to me. Why would we have to register stuff that is already registered? Every stripped lower that was bought since 2013 they already know about. The only stuff left is any Hbars that were bought post 2013.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This doesn't make any sense to me. Why would we have to register stuff that is already registered? Every stripped lower that was bought since 2013 they already know about. The only stuff left is any Hbars that were bought post 2013.
    They are expanding the definition of an assault weapon, and there's plenty of unregistered stuff that fits the new definition.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    There is absolutely NO reason to comply with this horseshit!! All those democrats can rot in hell !

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was having a good weekend until I read this thread... WTF is wrong with these garbage lawmakers? (rhetorical). When is this being heard? Are they going to allow testimony on this one? I pray we get to show up...

I was having a GREAT 2020 until I read a thread in the Water Cooler that referenced this bill. Trying to get my head set straight again and back to work.

Like a moth to a nuclear blast.................

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    If this edict passes you have three choices:
    1. Leave the state.

I choose number three followed by number one. Number one has always been my plan but must wait until youngest out of high school in five years this summer.

If things come to a head before then, they can have them one round at a time.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    So this effectively bans all semiautomatic rifles, because I can’t think of many that don’t at least have a flash hider. What absolute shit.

This will include M1 Carbines and antiques by my reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's absurd to think that registration will not lead ultimately to confiscation. Given the fact that none of these firearms are used with any frequency in committing criminal acts, the only reason for registration is to provide sufficient information for easy confiscation.

This scenario played out in the Weimar Republic 80 years ago, and did not end well for anyone involved. Confiscation then was incremental, based on the nature of the weapons involved, but ultimately led to removal of all firearms from the general public; subsequently those who were deemed "trustworthy" by the Party were permitted the privilege of firearms ownership. By that time, the "untrustworthy" were finding it extremely difficult to go elsewhere, their property was forfeited to the State, and ultimately most were shipped off to camps. Some survived, but today I don't believe there is any nation on earth that would be able to resist the New United States, if this policy went nationwide. So don't count on regaining any liberties you may have given up.

We are gradually becoming subject to mob rule. The "go along, to get along" programs being instituted in most aspects of today's society are not geared toward acceptance of ways of being outside the favored norms. Furthermore, those whose beliefs or lifestyles do not fit the accepted patterns will continue to suffer persecution for their refusal to accept the Mob as the sole authority of what is permissible. Those whose actions or statements fall outside the parameters will pay for their failure to comply; first with their money and property, then with their freedom, and eventually with their lives.

You didn't hear it first here from me; this warning presents itself in every generation, until it goes unheeded. After that, it's too late.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I will refer you to this proposed HB910 bill 6-404(B)(1) and 6-404 (B)(2)(II) for your reading pleasure with regard to the highlighted ideas, since you're speaking about conflicting approaches to compliance.

Here is the thread for 80's and other related HB910/SB958 discussion: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=241921

(C) A PERSON MAY NOT:

(1) USE A 3–DIMENSIONAL PRINTER TO MANUFACTURE, CAUSE TO BE MANUFACTURED, ASSEMBLE, OR CONSTRUCT A FIREARM; OR

(2) DISTRIBUTE A COMPUTER PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR THE SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF MANUFACTURING, CAUSING TO BE MANUFACTURED, ASSEMBLING, OR CONSTRUCTING A FIREARM USING A 3–DIMENSIONAL PRINTER.

(D) A PERSON MAY NOT POSSESS, SELL, OFFER TO SELL, TRANSFER, PURCHASE, OR RECEIVE A FIREARM MANUFACTURED, ASSEMBLED, OR
    CONSTRUCTED IN VIOLATION OF SUBSECTION (C)(1) OF THIS SECTION.

(E) A PERSON WHO VIOLATES THIS SECTION IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND ON CONVICTION IS SUBJECT TO IMPRISONMENT NOT EXCEEDING 2 YEARS OR A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $5,000 OR BOTH.

I do not plan on distributing my CnC program and I do not plan on building out my 80s until the SHTF. Once the SHTF, my guess is I will be more worried about living through the SHTF environment than Maryland putting me in prison. A generator, some gas, and a drill press/router and I would be right back up and running. Yes, it would be illegal, but in a SHTF scenario, are we really going to be worried about laws?

Yep, I will comply with the British until the SHTF.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Problem is this will reach far beyond ARs as written. Isn't an 80 for everything unfortunately.

This entire thing is a problem each and every single year.

I am sitting here with a turd sandwich and I am trying to sprinkle some salt on it to make it palatable.

My insurance plan is just that. INSURANCE for when laws no longer matter to me. If they confiscate everything that is registered, there is the time capsule with nothing illegal in it for when life and limb are at stake. Then, I still have the option of taking that final step and breaking the law to save my life and the lives of my family members. If I decide to take that final step, you think I am going to be splitting hairs over whether the rifle I just made is a M1A or an AR-15?

Insurance isn't about continuing a hobby, but about survival.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I view these draconian laws as an existential threat to both life and liberty. As far as I am concerned the s has already htf. We are now living in a world outside of the rule of law, because the lawmakers have shown nothing but contempt for the Constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom