• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    (C) A PERSON MAY NOT:

(1) USE A 3–DIMENSIONAL PRINTER TO MANUFACTURE, CAUSE TO BE MANUFACTURED, ASSEMBLE, OR CONSTRUCT A FIREARM; OR

(2) DISTRIBUTE A COMPUTER PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR THE SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF MANUFACTURING, CAUSING TO BE MANUFACTURED, ASSEMBLING, OR CONSTRUCTING A FIREARM USING A 3–DIMENSIONAL PRINTER.

(D) A PERSON MAY NOT POSSESS, SELL, OFFER TO SELL, TRANSFER, PURCHASE, OR RECEIVE A FIREARM MANUFACTURED, ASSEMBLED, OR
    CONSTRUCTED IN VIOLATION OF SUBSECTION (C)(1) OF THIS SECTION.

(E) A PERSON WHO VIOLATES THIS SECTION IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND ON CONVICTION IS SUBJECT TO IMPRISONMENT NOT EXCEEDING 2 YEARS OR A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $5,000 OR BOTH.

I do not plan on distributing my CnC program and I do not plan on building out my 80s until the SHTF. Once the SHTF, my guess is I will be more worried about living through the SHTF environment than Maryland putting me in prison. A generator, some gas, and a drill press/router and I would be right back up and running. Yes, it would be illegal, but in a SHTF scenario, are we really going to be worried about laws?

Yep, I will comply with the British until the SHTF.

See page 5, aka 6-404(B)(1) and 6-404 (B)(2)(II).

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This is the usual mess of ill-considered pottage. And the usual Olympic Target Pistol ban.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You think you might be preaching to the choir here?

Ask not what others have done to save your RIGHTS today, but ask what you have done to save your RIGHTS today.

I was there. I took a day off without pay to do so. I have been in contact with my representatives on a continuing basis. I vote! There are plenty of people on the forum that talk about what should be done but, that is as far as they go. There is a group that always seems to carry the burden for the rest. I think it is time for those who only talk to help carry the load!

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I’ve been puckered up like a drum since VA went off the deep end.

We all know that MD will try to keep up with Racist Ralph.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    I was there. I took a day off without pay to do so. I have been in contact with my representatives on a continuing basis. I vote! There are plenty of people on the forum that talk about what should be done but, that is as far as they go. There is a group that always seems to carry the burden for the rest. I think it is time for those who only talk to help carry the load!

I hear that. This is all hands on deck. We turn out harder than FSA 2013 or we admit defeat. I'm confident in us, we've rattled their cages before for as many people want to say they don't listen. Moreso, lets make sure they understand if they pass this it's going to a court full of Trump appointees.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I hate to say this but, while many of us get what squaregrouper did and understand why, he was only seen by those in the room at the time. How would the results of the hearing be represented to the rest of the senate? Those who were not there did not see. It will most certainly be reported as; xx number for and only x number against. They will only see the numbers and the end result is that they will see it as being safe to vote for that bill.

I find it very hard to believe that they give two shits about what number testified for or against a gun bill. At this point the only two things that can make a difference are fear, and public ridicule. SG engaged in public ridicule. I'd say that is a positive first step.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

MMMMMMMMMhmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that post of yours, how many people do you think you have convinced to do more than what they are already doing or planning to do? One, maybe two.

Keep at it. You only need to convince the thousands upon thousands of gun owners that do not read this chatboard, much less the 2A section of this chatboard or even this very thread. My guess is that those reading this thread are already pretty well engaged in the process.

However, if it makes you feel good, continue to preach to the choir.

Might be best to hire a banner plane to fly up and down I-95 during rush hour to get your sermon out beyond the choir.

I hate to say this but, while many of us get what squaregrouper did and understand why, he was only seen by those in the room at the time. How would the results of the hearing be represented to the rest of the senate? Those who were not there did not see. It will most certainly be reported as; xx number for and only x number against. They will only see the numbers and the end result is that they will see it as being safe to vote for that bill.
    I'm certainly not trying to bash him, I understand his motive. I am just trying to look at the whole picture and envision how our enemies would see and respond, not only to this but, also to some of the suggestions from our side to make bad law more palatable. We must not educate our opponents or assist them in their actions against us, in any way shape, form or fashion. It's hard to do sometimes and we may inadvertently slip but, we must do better.

The upcoming elections will most likely be the most important of our lifetime! The attitude I have seen displayed by some is, "I am only one person" or "my vote doesn't really make a difference". When only 14% can decide who has power, EVERY vote matters! Your right to vote must never be ignored! Far too many have paid the price for the rights we have, they must be used and if necessary, defended!

You think you might be preaching to the choir here?

Ask not what others have done to save your RIGHTS today, but ask what you have done to save your RIGHTS today.

I find it very hard to believe that they give two shits about what number testified for or against a gun bill. At this point the only two things that can make a difference are fear, and public ridicule. SG engaged in public ridicule. I'd say that is a positive first step.

MMMMMMMMMhmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that post of yours, how many people do you think you have convinced to do more than what they are already doing or planning to do? One, maybe two.

Keep at it. You only need to convince the thousands upon thousands of gun owners that do not read this chatboard, much less the 2A section of this chatboard or even this very thread. My guess is that those reading this thread are already pretty well engaged in the process.

However, if it makes you feel good, continue to preach to the choir.

Might be best to hire a banner plane to fly up and down I-95 during rush hour to get your sermon out beyond the choir.

The precise reason for me testifying "in favor" was to be able to state the absolute insanity of SB0208- theft would be trivial compared to a loan. I did this to say it in front of the demanding mommies and say it while the senators were still listening. I can't speak for "the choir', but my clarification that I was in favor because if it passes, a lot of eyes would be opened was intentional and planned. I surely got Sen Smith's attention with that statement. Of course this was before this thread's calamity of a bill was proposed.

Mysteriously being appointed to Sen Lee's panel of experts was an added bonus to my sinister plan.

Fabsroman- Other than holding a "More Patriots Than You Have Handcuffs" sign on one night, what have you done to help? I see your posts here, but am unaware of any other actions on your behalf. We need all the attorneys we can get to help the cause. You haven't offered any suggestions as to how you think we should proceed.
    Please advise,
    Kyle/Squaregrouper

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    So, here's a question I've asked on here before, but it suddenly seems like this is again the appropriate thread.

If I bought a stripped AR upper post-10/1/13 and built it into an HBAR, could I have sold it to someone cash & carry at any time between 10/1/13 and today? I was told by several people on this board that that was legal, though I should have a bill of sale to protect myself, even if not legally required to do so.

Is all of the above correct?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    So, here's a question I've asked on here before, but it suddenly seems like this is again the appropriate thread.

If I bought a stripped AR upper post-10/1/13 and built it into an HBAR, could I have sold it to someone cash & carry at any time between 10/1/13 and today? I was told by several people on this board that that was legal, though I should have a bill of sale to protect myself, even if not legally required to do so.

I lost mine in that damn boating accident.

Why are you worried about complying with any law now? It's clear that every time we comply they raise the bar. I'm tired of playing their games..build what you want, refuse to comply..its obvious their end game is total disarmament..screw it..class 3 is open for business boys..

As of today, you are correct- assuming you sold a complete HBAR rifle.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Why are you worried about complying with any law now? It's clear that every time we comply they raise the bar. I'm tired of playing their games..build what you want, refuse to comply..its obvious their end game is total disarmament..screw it..class 3 is open for business boys..

Thanks for the answers all.

As for the above quote, I will plan to testify against this. I'm not worrying about complying, I'm looking for my "out", i.e. my boating accident. It's always good to have a Plan B, no?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    How many letters did the colonists send to the British declaring their unhappiness with proposed laws? How many rallies did they have where they waved signs threatening non compliance?
    Its a good thing that the colonists couldn’t look into the future and see us cowards giving up all of the rights that they fought for. When it comes down to it, everyone will comply and give up their rights...we continually do and continue to draw the line further back in the sand. There’s no sand left between us and there’s a cliff behind us.
    Yeah we may grumble and wave signs, but we’ll comply because we’re law abiding cowards.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I've been showing up to as many of these bills as possible... Should I bother with the HB version this time? Atterbeary and her cronies are going to pass it through the house no matter what... Take anything particularly powerful we say and put exceptions in to increase the odds of the bill making it past the Senate... And my employer is probably starting to get annoyed with all the last minute PTO requests...

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    I've been showing up to as many of these bills as possible... Should I bother with the HB version this time? Atterbeary and her cronies are going to pass it through the house no matter what... Take anything particularly powerful we say and put exceptions in to increase the odds of the bill making it past the Senate... And my employer is probably starting to get annoyed with all the last minute PTO requests...

In my experience? Yes, wait for the Senate. That is if this bill gets off the floor to begin with. Despite what alot here may fear, this is quite a big bite for them. The registration part would especially make them nervous as this is something they would have to invest resources into to set up unlike many previous bills which punt the burden over to us. Given how broad its scope is, there will be a decent amount of hesitancy. The Anderson ban didn't go anywhere, this thing has about those chances House or not.

In my experience? Yes, wait for the Senate. That is if this bill gets off the floor to begin with. Despite what alot here may fear, this is quite a big bite for them. The registration part would especially make them nervous as this is something they would have to invest resources into to set up unlike many previous bills which punt the burden over to us. Given how broad its scope is, there will be a decent amount of hesitancy. The Anderson ban didn't go anywhere, this thing has about those chances House or not.

I'm not an expert, but have been through this multiple times...
    The House (Atterberry, et al) have their minds made up and won't listen to opposition; hell they have started cutting people off mid sentence. The senate committee will hear you out, regardless of their stance. IMHO, testifying in front of the house is a waste of time.
    Save your days off for The Senate. They will actually listen to the first couple of people in front of them.

ETA- I want to personally thank the two of you for what you're doing. Getting fresh, young faces in front of the committees is something we desperately need.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County

I'm not an expert, but have been through this multiple times...
    The House (Atterberry, et al) have their minds made up and won't listen to opposition; hell they have started cutting people off mid sentence. The senate committee will hear you out, regardless of their stance. IMHO, testifying in front of the house is a waste of time.
    Save your days off for The Senate. They will actually listen to the first couple of people in front of them.

ETA- I want to personally thank the two of you for what you're doing. Getting fresh, young faces in front of the committees is something we desperately need.

You both summed up my thoughts. Both of these new bills royally piss me off but five hours of drive time to be ignored by Dinglebeary seems like a waste, just need to make sure I can make it to the SB... On an unrelated topic, do either of you own a boat?

Thanks SG. I just wish I started doing this sooner, nobody tells you what's going on in Annapolis, you have to seek it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom