• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Fat Larry is too busy acting like a big shot nationally and smearing Trump locally to veto the bills. The coward will just let them become law in three weeks.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Fat Larry is too busy acting like a big shot nationally and smearing Trump locally to veto the bills. The coward will just let them become law in three weeks.

I was so gung-ho for LCL back in his first campaign. He sure fooled me. I am absolutely disappointed in him.

You and others are right. The coward will let them become law by ignoring them. He certainly could take a few minutes to veto key bills that go against constitutional rights, but he's too busy campaigning for '24.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I was so gung-ho for LCL back in his first campaign. He sure fooled me. I am absolutely disappointed in him.

You and others are right. The coward will let them become law by ignoring them. He certainly could take a few minutes to veto key bills that go against constitutional rights, but he's too busy campaigning for '24.

Agreed on all points :sad20:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Right there with ya.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I'll delete or move my post if we don't want this on the public forum... But I just reread the bill and realized, this won't prevent us from private selling each other stripped, unused lower receivers right? Because I thought stripped lower receivers are just "firearms" (since they haven't become a pistol or a rifle yet); they aren't "rifles" or "shotguns".

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'll delete if we don't want this on the public forum... But I just reread the bill and realized, this won't prevent us from private selling each other stripped, unused lower receivers right? Because I thought stripped lower receivers are just "firearms" (since they haven't become a pistol or a rifle yet); they aren't "rifles" or "shotguns".

Might be fuzzy enough to require a court test. Are you volunteering to be the test case?

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Might be fuzzy enough to require a court test. Are you volunteering to be the test case?

After reading the US code, I don't think it's fuzzy at a federal level. That said though, I don't know what nonsense is written into HB0004.

18 U.S. Code § 921

(7) The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

A stripped lower isn't a rifle under the definition of "rifle" in US code. You can't shoulder it in a meaningful way. You can't fire it or even show an intent to fire it. You don't have a rifled bore (or any bore). You have no trigger.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'll delete or move my post if we don't want this on the public forum... But I just reread the bill and realized, this won't prevent us from private selling each other stripped, unused lower receivers right? Because I thought stripped lower receivers are just "firearms" (since they haven't become a pistol or a rifle yet); they aren't "rifles" or "shotguns".

A stripped lower receiver in MD is a regulated firearm and requires a 77r.

So.... NO!

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    After reading the US code, I don't think it's fuzzy at a federal level. That said though, I don't know what nonsense is written into HB0004.

18 U.S. Code § 921

(7) The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

A stripped lower isn't a rifle under the definition of "rifle" in US code. You can't shoulder it in a meaningful way. You can't fire it or even show an intent to fire it. You don't have a rifled bore (or any bore). You have no trigger.

Exactly, that's what I'm getting at. As long as it's not chambered in 223/556, stripped lowers should still be safe... Wonder if we should get the word out or not.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Post 670:
    A stripped lower receiver in MD is a regulated firearm and requires a 77r.

So.... NO!

Exactly, that's what I'm getting at. As long as it's not chambered in 223/556, stripped lowers should still be safe... Wonder if we should get the word out or not.

Only 223/556. Other chamber-ings are cash and carry.

As complete rifles, not as stripped receivers

Not that it mattered then since he was still the best of two evils...Some of us tried to warn you about getting your hopes up. He told all of us he was anti 2A before he was ever elected. no one wanted to believe it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg17eqc0wu0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom