• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The Governor could very well not act on the bill and use his being "too busy with COVID-19 response" as cover. It would then become law without his signature on it. Isn't the timer on that 30 days from when the bill hits his desk?

Yep I was thinking that. I bet it will go down that way

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The Governor could very well not act on the bill and use his being "too busy with COVID-19 response" as cover. It would then become law without his signature on it. Isn't the timer on that 30 days from when the bill hits his desk?

Not that it matters, but that would be dereliction of duty in my book. But it would be right up LCL's alley.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Just want to remind all that Senator West is a real profile in courage. In his latest email

The League of Conservation Voters, the State's leading environmental organization, identified eight key pieces of legislation which came to the floor of the State Senate and on which I cast a vote.* I VOTED IN FAVOR OF ALL EIGHT BILLSs.

There were a number of other environmental bills that never reached the Senate floor for a vote but which I probably would have supported: a ban on plastic bags, an effort to move to zero emission buses, the "Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Act" and a bill dealing with food purchasing.* Finally, there was a bill that I co-sponsored that would have changed the State's renewable energy standard to exclude trash incineration as a "clean energy" source and to exclude "black liquor" produced as a byproduct of paper-making as a "clean energy" source; this bill never reached the floor in either house of the General Assembly.

"Probably would have voted for"

What a weasel

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    VETOED yet?
    Per Hogan's own, very specific, choice of words in multiple press conferences, I wouldn't hold my breath.

He has been very clear that he has not used the word VETO; he has just stated that he doubts any of the 689 bills sent after session are likely to be "signed".

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    IIRC they could have one at any time.

They will need to have a special session at some point to deal with the budget. The rona has blown all revenue projections out of the water. Spending may need to be cut 20%, depending how much the Feds dole out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom