• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So how would this play out in real life? I've sent in a hearing request. It probably can't be any more fun than to be caught up in the middle of them changing the rules.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The board is not gone. The house bill is on to its third reading. Senate crossfile hasn’t left committee. Effective date would be 10/01/2018 supposing repeal does pass.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yeah , I still have not been notified when my hearing is and I sent my paperwork in about Dec. 10th or so (give or take)

They just notified me a week ago they got my certified letter , but gave no date of hearing .

I have to re-new my Maryland permit as well

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    The board is not gone. The house bill is on to its third reading. Senate crossfile hasn’t left committee. Effective date would be 10/01/2018 supposing repeal does pass.
    This is bad. Happy my mini renewal term was just approved. Maybe gov will veto the removal of his power to appoint.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Won't it be great if the decisions made by the HGRB were held in future permit renewals so you didn't have to start all over, esp if it is dissolved.

TD

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I do not think it needs to make it out of Senate committee. House can pass this, message the Senate to also pass this.

Even when bills come across from the other house they still have to go through committee and the three readings.

Pittbull

Jan 28, 2013
    I am not sure you know this, but the Maryland Democratic Legislature enabled and funded Dem. Attorney Gen. Brian Frosh to work outside of Gov. Hogan’s authority to battle the Trumo Administration. Where else can a subordinate not have to answer to their boss.......”Maryland”. Atty. Gen. Frosh works with a 10-lawyer team and all paid by the Maryland taxpayers brought forth by the Democratic led Congress. Furthermore, the legislators veto Hogan at will ( a lot). So, a talking point for the Democrats is meaningless. They do not like Gov. Hogan, but he is very popular with voters and they are continually bewildered. The State legislators are so lopsided in favor of the Democrats, it is sickening. Hogan is a likeable business man and he has ushered in favorable by-partisan legislation. Maryland Democrats will have a difficult time beating him.....but this is a terrible biased, sanctuary-leaning, anti-firearm place to live. Nothing ever makes sense in California and Maryland. Nancy Pelosi could easily live here and as crazy as she is...... fits right in.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Attourny General isn't a subordinate of the Governor, it is an independent position.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    The bill to eliminate the handgun review bd has initial approval. The result will be appeal to an ALJ of adverse CCW decisions by MSP. While hogan is gov he can direct head of MSP to be somewhat liberal, which i believe is what has ocurred since he was elected ( and still there are appeals to HRB). Once he’s gone so are the liberal issue directions. Then we will be appearing before the ALJ. Since there is no law, stds other than exercise of discretion by MSP, i predict a sea change in the wrong direction because MSP decisions will be upheld. Presumption is that the agency is correct. And for a ct to over. Turn the ALJ there must be “ substantial evidence “ the ALJ erred. This is not a state that believes a person should carry a gun or has a need or right to self defense outside the home. Have u read about the state of balto in the last few years?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The bill to eliminate the handgun review bd has initial approval. The result will be appeal to an ALJ of adverse CCW decisions by MSP. While hogan is gov he can direct head of MSP to be somewhat liberal, which i believe is what has ocurred since he was elected ( and still there are appeals to HRB). Once he’s gone so are the liberal issue directions. Then we will be appearing before the ALJ. Since there is no law, stds other than exercise of discretion by MSP, i predict a sea change in the wrong direction because MSP decisions will be upheld. Presumption is that the agency is correct. And for a ct to over. Turn the ALJ there must be “ substantial evidence “ the ALJ erred. This is not a state that believes a person should carry a gun or has a need or right to self defense outside the home. Have u read about the state of balto in the last few years?

The head of MSP does act like a Liberal.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Not sure if this will make it through the Senate. But as I said in the other thread, it was a supreme tactical error IMO for Dems to send up this HPRB bill. Hogan can veto the HPRB bill, and sign the bump stock ban, which passed the house 128-7. Dems will be left with an argument about process on the HPRB, which most people tune out. People will be left with the impression "Hogan took concrete action and Dems argue about process and politics." HPRB was more about grandstanding for the primary anyway.

Mike and Mike are showing their age and need to retire soon.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Lol

Anyone remember when Brochin was shall issue.

I do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180316-000947.jpg
      Screenshot_20180316-000947.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 439

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Here's the vote for HB819
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/votes/House/0353.pdf

84 Yeas
    Jackson
    Davis
    McCray
    Sophocleus
    Speaker Busch
    Jalisi
    Dumais
    McIntosh
    Stein
    Ali
    Jameson
    Ebersole
    Miller, A.
    Sydnor
    Anderson
    Jones
    Fennell
    Moon
    Tarlau
    Atterbeary
    Kaiser
    Frick
    Morales
    Turner
    Barkley
    Kelly
    Frush
    Morhaim
    Valderrama
    Barnes, B.
    Knotts
    Gaines
    Mosby
    Valentino-Smith
    Barnes, D.
    Korman
    Gibson
    Patterson
    Vallario
    Barron
    Kramer
    Gilchrist
    Pena-Melnyk
    Waldstreicher
    Barve
    Krimm
    Glenn
    Pendergrass
    Walker
    Beidle
    Lafferty
    Gutierrez
    Platt
    Washington, A.
    Branch
    Lam
    Hayes
    Proctor
    Washington, M.
    Brooks
    Lewis, J.
    Healey
    Reznik
    Wilkins
    Carr
    Lewis, R.
    Hettleman
    Robinson
    Wilson
    Chang
    Lierman
    Hill
    Rosenberg
    Young, K.
    Clippinger
    Lisanti
    Holmes
    Sample-Hughes
    Young, P.
    Conaway
    Luedtke
    Howard, C.
    Sanchez
    Cullison

51 Nays
    Howard, S.
    Ciliberti
    McConkey
    Reilly
    Adams
    Impallaria
    Clark
    McDonough
    Rey
    Afzali
    Jacobs
    Cluster
    McKay
    Rose
    Anderton
    Kipke
    Corderman
    McMillan
    Saab
    Arentz
    Kittleman
    Fisher
    Metzgar
    Shoemaker
    Aumann
    Krebs
    Flanagan
    Miele
    Simonaire
    Beitzel
    Long
    Folden
    Miller, W.
    Szeliga
    Bromwell
    Malone
    Glass
    Morgan
    Vogt
    Buckel
    Mautz
    Grammer
    Otto
    West*
    Carey
    McComas
    Hornberger
    Parrott
    Wivell
    Carozza
    Cassilly

Senate Judicial Proceedings hearing hasn't been scheduled yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom