HB 1277 - Sales and Use Tax - Ammunition - Developmental Disabilities Funding - 50%

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    One more attack on gun owners. Hearing is tomorrow Friday at 1:00. Please come if you can to testify against this. Also please use the AGC legislative email system to let our legislators know you do not support this bill.

Thank you!

HB 1277 - Sales and Use Tax - Ammunition - Developmental Disabilities Funding - 50% Tax on Ammunition

Hearing: Friday, March 8, 2013 @ 1:00 PM House Ways & Means Committee

For whatever reason, Delegate Jon Cardin (Ben's son) has deemed it wise to place a 50% tax on ammunition:

"FOR for the purpose of increasing the sales and use tax rate for ammunition; distributing the revenue from the sales and use tax on ammunition to a certain fund used to pay for services for individuals with developmental disabilities; and generally 5 relating to the sales and use tax on ammunition."

In the meantime, calls and E-mails to the House Ways and Means Committee are needed.

Click here for the text of HB 1277

Go to the www.associatedgunclubs.org website for the link to HB 1277. If you can't go to the hearing tomorrow, please use the AGC legislative email system to email the house and senate to stop this bill.

Thank you!

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Done. Here's mine:

Please vote no to HB 1277 - Sales and Use Tax - Ammunition - Developmental Disabilities Funding - 50% Tax on Ammunition

Maryland residents can easily go to one of the 4 states that border Maryland to avoid this ridiculous tax.

All this bill does is take sales away from Maryland businesses that sell ammunition.

This bill is one more impediment to Maryland businesses and Maryland residents. Please vote no on this bill.

Thank You

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Thanks again and email sent. Here's my words.

Please be reasonable and stop these annoying bill that will punish businesses and possibly our own law enforcement the proper yearly training requirements if ammo is to expensive to shoot. Why should I buy in Maryland when I can just drive to a different state and bring back cases and cases of ammo? Taxing ammo will just hurt the poor and the ones who can't afford to protect themselves. If that is what this bill is intended to do then you did a great service to this state.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    URGENT ACTION NEEDED - MOST Costly and Damaging GUN BILL THIS YEAR!!!

This bill does two things:

First, it punishes local gun dealers and stores. Like you guys are saying, many people will buy ammo from other states at the expense of local gun dealers and stores. They want to put local gun dealers and stores out of business.

They even say in the bill that the Small Business Effect: Potentially meaningful. The bill will have a significant negative impact on some retailers - primarily gun shops, sporting goods stores, and department stores that sell ammunition.

They want to put local stores that sell ammo out of business!!!

Second, A 50% sales tax on the price of ammo would cost you how much? Please read the bill. Read the Fiscal and Policy note where they project the revenue they will get from you. Figure out how much money you spend on ammo and figure that you would give the state 50% more. On top of that, they figure they will get matching funds from the Federal Government. You get to pay again. Where does the money the Federal Government is giving them come from? So you get to pay a 100 % tax on the ammo in the long run.

Please note the Sponsors of the Bill. We need to support whoever is running against these people in the next election: Delegates: Cardin, Bobo, A. Kelly, Niemann, Stukes, V. Turner and Vaughn. They need to be voted out of office in the next election.

All of these gun bills have a similar Fiscal and Policy note projecting how much money they intend to take from us in the coming years. We all need to jump on this now!!! This bill will cost us more than any of them. Please come to the hearing tomorrow at 1:00 and/or write the entire house and senate. Go to the AGC website and use their legislative email tool to say you oppose this bill. You can send one email to the entire MD legislature with one click. Please say you oppose HB 1277.

Thank you!

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I propose a bill limited all State Senators and State Delegates to two terms.

These are probably the same assholes doing the bidding of the Beverage Lobby.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    The Fiscal and Policy note on this bill states states that they believe Marylanders spend $16 million on ammunition. They figure they will be getting $8 million in taxes from us.

If you read the Fiscal and Policy notes on these gun bills, you will see how much money the state figures it will make off of us. Its about making money as much as it is about restricting our gun rights.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    My delegate, Liz Bobo, is one of the bills sponsors. She is also a cosponsor of the Governor's, oops, I mean the President's bill HB 294 or SB 281.

At least she won't be running in the next election.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I can't see this one getting in without an injunction.

These people are complete idiots.

Meh...it might fly with the courts. Tax.

Im a realist and im sure SOME of these measures will get through. I don't think this is one of them. CHICAGO couldnt even get this done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom