• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Are we not boycotting this one this time?? Who is running it?? Didn't we boycott one of the 2013 Harrisburg shows?
    tvblogsad.png

This is a point I can't seem to keep track of. Then I add in the increasing fee to get into a show, $3 plus per gallon for gas, venders that do show up not willing to deal with soviet marylanders... It no longer fulfills my needs.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    The show that was boycotted was the outdoor show when the promoted barred the "black guns" from the show.

I tend to go to the shows because it saves me time and money from driving around the county going to each shop separately. It's also a social event and I usually can find a deal on something, plus I like beef jerky.

Feb 28, 2013
    The show that was boycotted was the outdoor show when the promoted barred the "black guns" from the show.

I tend to go to the shows because it saves me time and money from driving around the county going to each shop separately. It's also a social event and I usually can find a deal on something, plus I like beef jerky.

Which horses' ass of a promoter would that be?

Hell, that almost defeats the purpose of goin'.

The show that was boycotted was NOT a gun show. It was the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show- hunting, fishing, camping, safaris, etc. The NRA took it over this year and it was back to normal.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    How are the early reports? I have to work today but might try to sneak up there tomorrow if it's worth the drive for decent priced mags, C&R guns, etc. And my wife wants some "muddy girl" furniture for one of her ARs. I'm not concerned about ammo prices.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    tvblogsad.png

This is a point I can't seem to keep track of. Then I add in the increasing fee to get into a show, $3 plus per gallon for gas, venders that do show up not willing to deal with soviet marylanders... It no longer fulfills my needs.

I've been going to PA shows almost exclusively the past year and have not had any problems with long guns or C & R gun purchases. I'll b going up tomorrow and likely coming home with another gun and some mags I can't get in Md.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    met a guy at timonuim who went to the harrisburg show in the morning. from what he said i'm glad i didnt go.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just left the show. I was not disappointed. Lots of ammo at very reasonable prices incl 9mm Makarov for $19/50. Lots of C & R guns. I walked out with another CZ-82. Only a small number of jerky/pickle/jewelry vendors

It was nice to see .38 SPL and .45 ACP in the low $20/50 again
    Spam cans of Mosin food w/opener, even a guy selling the can openers for $5.
    A 6- digit Chinese SKS (mismatched trigger assembly) for $297, Yugo SKS's as well.
    Multiple vendors selling exotic ammo.

I'm sure Timoniun was nice too.....

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just left the show. I was not disappointed. Lots of ammo at very reasonable prices incl 9mm Makarov for $19/50. Lots of C & R guns. I walked out with another CZ-82. Only a small number of jerky/pickle/jewelry vendors

It was nice to see .38 SPL and .45 ACP in the low $20/50 again
    Spam cans of Mosin food w/opener, even a guy selling the can openers for $5.
    A 6- digit Chinese SKS (mismatched trigger assembly) for $297, Yugo SKS's as well.
    Multiple vendors selling exotic ammo.

I'm sure Timoniun was nice too.....

I hope that mak was brass, not a good price for steel at all. Sounds like I should have gone for the C&R guns tough. No pics of the CZ-82? :(

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I hope that mak was brass, not a good price for steel at all. Sounds like I should have gone for the C&R guns tough. No pics of the CZ-82? :(

Brass, I don't bother with the steel stuff. Here's the new CZ-82. Never yet been disappointed with a PA gun show.

Attachments

• IMG_20140323_173621_455-1.jpg
      IMG_20140323_173621_455-1.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 134
    • IMG_20140323_173702_716-1.jpg
      IMG_20140323_173702_716-1.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 132

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members