• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    'm looking to buy a .45 sometime soon, this will be my second MD gun and I have my HQL. Still narrowing down what I want and am likely to go to the nations gun show this weekend to try out holding and getting a feel for a few 1911s and the sig 227. I bought my first from a local B&M store and they were terrific to work with, but when I asked about transfers they had a pretty sizable fee plus a penalty cost if they also carried the guns themselves, even if I wanted to buy a used one. That seemed pretty punitive to me so I started researching independent FFLs. Jack's in HdG came up with a recommendation at ARFcom but whenI contacted them they say they no longer do transfers...

Anyone have good luck doing transfers locally here in Harford? I know the gun shops gotta make a buck but to add on a fee even if I find a used gun either out of state or ina private sale just seems wrong.

For those that have used a smaller/independent FFL, can you tell me what costs I would be looking at and the process should I choose to go this way?

Dec 31, 2012
    Bank Gun and Pawn in Havre de Grace
    The last time I was there it was $50 and they had no extra fee for in stock items.

They are an IP so send them a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom