• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    For 200 bucks I would not buy one sight unseen of the net. It could be like buying a cheap used car. I would shop around the used gun counters at the gun shops in town so you can see the gun and see the shape of the gun. Right now I understand that the local shops are filled with used/pawned guns. Might be a good time to pick up a good deal on a quality hand gun.

Cheap ain't cheap if you have problems with it.

Damifinow Fish

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    BlackBart, but they were never defined in law. That is the issue. We know what a machine gun is, because it is defined in law. The same with assault. No ambiguity.

To some, the Hi-Point is a "saturday night special". Is it? I personally wouldn't own one, but if my financial situation changed radically, it would be a viable option.

They probably have no legal defination, I dunno. The ones I stated were cheap junk bought for $50.00 or less COMMONLY KNOWN as Sat Night Specials.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mark, Centerfire doesn't ship to MD.

BTW, I mentioned that gun a few pages back.

That's funny, because they have shipped to me in the past, perhaps it's just handguns, but I got my Saiga 12 through them.

Mark

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    at one of the frederick shows I picked up a 9mm S&W police trade in for 225
    It was a great starter gun and has always treated me well. Just keep going to shows and looking around

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    You might luck out if you look long enough and find a consignment or used Ruger P89 or P95 just below $300. They're built like tanks and much better than anything Hi-Point.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Don't forget that if you buy online you need to add at least $50 for the S&H + transfer fee unless you can find free shipping. BTW, if this is to be a defensive gun than I don't know of anything under $200 that I'd trust. Get good with your Tok and save up.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I'd save a while longer. If you're considering other calibers, I really like my Walther PK380 and it was affordable (less than $400).

May 25, 2009
    I was at Atlantic(Rockville) the other day and saw a USED Ruger P95, blued, in what looked like very good condition for $275. I own one, and like it. Honestly I don't think you're going to find anything of quality for 200 bucks. A hi-point will work, but you'll have to get a used one shipped to a local FFL. I would rather buy a used gun for more money, than go through the hassle of buying a hi-point online and maybe having to ship it back to the manufacturer for repairs.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    You might luck out if you look long enough and find a consignment or used Ruger P89 or P95 just below $300. They're built like tanks and much better than anything Hi-Point.

I was at Atlantic(Rockville) the other day and saw a USED Ruger P95, blued, in what looked like very good condition for $275. I own one, and like it.

Ruger's are built like tanks. I own a P90 (.45ACP) stainless and couldn't be more happy with it. I bought it used, like new, for around $325 in January '09. It has yet to fail me. I have run all types of ammo through it with zero problems. My buddy has the P95 and has had no problems with it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom