"Halt or I'll Shoot!" & other cry wolf methods.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't think he asked about YOUR home, but anyone in any home in the the state in general. We know you don't follow the rules of law. Especially when it comes to your family and religion and everything else. Because God and the Lord Jesus Christ scripts the rule of law that you follow. The past couple months anyway.

I was talking about my home and my situation. Its a personal decision one must make. My faith has nothing to do with how I respond to threats. Its about wanting to survive.

I guess you think the other comments will strike a nerve. Nope, Ill just laugh at you. :lol2:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was talking about my home and my situation. Its a personal decision one must make. My faith has nothing to do with how I respond to threats. Its about wanting to survive.

I guess you think the other comments will strike a nerve. Nope, Ill just laugh at you. :lol2:

No. You just roll with " I'll kill every M fer who comes near us" and you think that bravado will roll in any court of law. But God bless you if you think that would hold true in every situation. Every Grand Jury or Jury is not always of the ilk of what you think will go your way. Mighty presumptuous and pompous actually.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No. You just roll with " I'll kill every M fer who comes near us" and you think that bravado will roll in any court of law. But God bless you if you think that would hold true in every situation. Every Grand Jury or Jury is not always of the ilk of what you think will go your way. Mighty presumptuous and pompous actually.

Have I ever said my how I respond to a threat will stand up in court? Nope. I. DONT. CARE. Ill survive, ill retain counsel, and Ill ride the wave.

If people would not be thieving turds and try to hurt and kill people then none of my ""bravado" would ever be needed.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I think I am mentally prepared to defend my family. I will most likely have a gun, but if I have to defend my family I will take on the fight. If I have to use a knife, hammer or just fists so be it. If someone wants to harm my family I am bringing the fight period. Even if they have a gun and I don't I will fight until I can't. I will die before anyone harms my family.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I think I am mentally prepared to defend my family. I will most likely have a gun, but if I have to defend my family I will take on the fight. If I have to use a knife, hammer or just fists so be it. If someone wants to harm my family I am bringing the fight period. Even if they have a gun and I don't I will fight until I can't. I will die before anyone harms my family.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I think this is a given of any father, unless you real dislike your family. Personally, I think the guy is lucky 1) he didnt get shot and no family member was harmed and 2) they left quickly and loss was at a minimum. This could have gone so wrong in so many ways.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Shoot first, hit a family member. Terrible situation to be in. I'd say the verbal warning was the best course of action here but not without obvious risk. Once the assailants are in the house the homeowner is always going to be disadvantaged. Give the warning but DON'T go walkabout to investigate. Let them give up their hidden positions.

How would you hit a family member unless you're firing blinding into the walls?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    If someone breaks in my house I just yell like James Yeager, "If you go one inch further, I'm gonna start killin' people." :lol2:

Dec 31, 2012
    Shoot first, hit a family member. Terrible situation to be in. I'd say the verbal warning was the best course of action here but not without obvious risk. Once the assailants are in the house the homeowner is always going to be disadvantaged. Give the warning but DON'T go walkabout to investigate. Let them give up their hidden positions.

How would you hit a family member unless you're firing blinding into the walls?

If a family member is up in the night for a glass of water and I shoot first then I become another news story about mistaken identity shootings. Even at risk of losing surprise I need to identify the target or know where my family is before engagement. My night vision is not what it used to be.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I've always told my wife if someone ever breaks in while I'm on travel to stay put, grab the gun and yell "I'm armed and the police are on the way".... I don't want her to have to confront an intruder... I want her to avoid a gunfight unless forced to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom