Hagerstown to NJ any gunshops worth hitting ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have to leave for NJ tomorrow and I will be up there for the week. Doubt there is anywhere worth while in Jersey but i was curious about the trip across pa?

Im guessing from past trips I will be taking the turn pike across the state as I can pick it up just north of where I live. BTW ill be in East Hanover if theres anything good to do provided I get a short break this week.

Thanks
    steve

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    I suggest you stop by the Trop gunshop and range while you are in the area. They have a brand new indoor shooting range, and a pretty good selection of guns, gear, and ammo.

It is in Elizabethtown PA, about half an hour south of East Hanover.

http://www.tropgun.com/

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Rgr that! Sounds like a good thing to do after we get cut from training each day.

Only concern is mandatory fun.... not sure if thats being included this time.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    I have to leave for NJ tomorrow and I will be up there for the week. Doubt there is anywhere worth while in Jersey but i was curious about the trip across pa?

Im guessing from past trips I will be taking the turn pike across the state as I can pick it up just north of where I live. BTW ill be in East Hanover if theres anything good to do provided I get a short break this week.

Thanks
    steve

What are you doing up this way? East Hanover's right here in Morris County.

If you go the inland (PA) route I'd consider checking out SARCo's new digs in PA (50 Hilton St, Easton PA). They used to be in Stirling, Morris County until bugging out for greener pastures. Otherwise nothing to write home about up here.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Look up NJ laws.
    I believe you need a FOID card just to possess in NJ.
    If you are staying for a week you will not be covered under the interstate commerce law about if it is legal where you start and legal where you end up then you are covered in the middle.
    So do your research if you want to bring a long gun or hand gun with you into NJ. It MAY NOT be legal.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Thanks!

Wasnt planning to buy any guns on the way up because of NJ laws but was looking for some places to check out and if I found something interesting maybe grab it on the way back.

I thought sarco was on the route and I may have to stop in there thanks for the reminder.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    What are you doing up this way? East Hanover's right here in Morris County.

If you go the inland (PA) route I'd consider checking out SARCo's new digs in PA (50 Hilton St, Easton PA). They used to be in Stirling, Morris County until bugging out for greener pastures. Otherwise nothing to write home about up here.

Company training. Only hope is they give us some free time. Some meetings are 100% structured no free time others are do your work and come back tomorrow they dont care what you do with your time.

Mandatory fun is nice to get your drink on for free but it also can be a pain depending on location and who else is there!

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Company training. Only hope is they give us some free time. Some meetings are 100% structured no free time others are do your work and come back tomorrow they dont care what you do with your time.

Mandatory fun is nice to get your drink on for free but it also can be a pain depending on location and who else is there!

You might also scout out Bob White's (The Shooters Corner) lists. Bob's a benchrest smith, runs local benchrest matches, past president of IBS. He doesn't really have a store front and he's not computer literate (his wife handles email and NJ NICS) but you can check out his lists here: http://theshooterscorner.com/list.html

If you see anything you like call and check if he's sold it since the lists updated.

If my house wasn't a disaster area, I'd let you come and play with my SCATT electronic trainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom