• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Gura: Woollard Cert Petition "Forthcoming"

From the Kachalsky reply brief:

VI. This Court’s Intervention Is Urgently Needed.
    Were this petition granted, this case would be heard and decided in the October, 2013 Term, as would a forthcoming petition arising from Woollard v. Gallagher, No. 12-1437, 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 5617 (4th Cir. Mar. 21, 2013). As Respondents noted, the Third and Ninth Circuits have already heard argu- ment on the subject as well. Barring any unusual delays, certiorari petitions arising from these cases
    would most likely be due in time to have those cases heard and decided this term as well.
    Thus, if this Court is to consider discretionary handgun licensing regimes, the upcoming term is the term in which to do so.

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/kachalsky/Kachalsky-Cert-Petition-reply-2013-03-26.pdf

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    cliffnote please.. What does this mean?

Mr. Gura of the Second Amendment Foundation (and we members) is appealing the Wollard decision to the Supreme Court. The court should take either or both of these cases to push, hopefully, self defense outside the home.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    cliffnote please.. What does this mean?

Gura will be filing the request (Writ of Certiori) to the SCOTUS for appealing the reversal of the Woollard case by the Circuit Court of Appeals.

Shorthand, Woollard is being appealed. I guess this means Gura skips the request for an en banc hearing or not (re-hearing by the entire panel of the circuit court).

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    So I really hope this happens and we win. Not because we will finally get the CCW we have been fighting for in MD, but that it is at the expense of MoM and his crew of cronies who have cock blocked it for so long. That a Maryland case is what determined this for the rest of the country!

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Yeah, looks to me like he is saying, I have my circuit split between CA7 to go against that of the CA2x4 (sorry, couldn't resist) and that he will be filing for cert on Woollard to go with Kachalsky.

Awesome...that means we are 1 year and 3 months away from a definitive answer. Judging by how Kennedy has been questioning the gay marriage issue, seems to me his inner libertarian/limited government/enumerated/delegated powers is shinning in his older age.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    *Fist pump*

Let's hope this ends with the supreme court taking a frosh on the douchebags in control of this state.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    I love how Gura writes. He eviscerates the 2nd and 4th Circuits rational just as they would eviscerate the 2nd Amendment.

Woollard confirms Petitioners’ prediction that left
    standing, the lower court’s (Kachalsky) opinion would enable the Second Amendment’s continued evisceration.

He also pointedly tells SCOTUS to "Put-up or Shut-up" in regards to these lower court challenges to Heller & McDonald and put a stop to the judicial rebellion to a Enumerated and Fundamental Right. Gura wants them to smack these Courts down HARD, as well as send a message to all others with cases pending (3rd/9th CA)!

The only thing worse than explicitly refusing to
    enforce an enumerated constitutional right would be
    to declare a right “fundamental” while standing aside
    as lower courts render it worthless. Few outcomes
    could promote as much cynicism about our legal
    system. If this Court is unprepared to overrule
    Heller, it should reverse decisions such as that entered by
    the lower court here.

I love it ! :thumbsup:

I see good things in store ...... :party29:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Million PERSON march on DC when this hits the SC. I think we should plan on surrounding the White House and giving Obama and Biden an earth rattling cheer for the 2nd Amendment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom