• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Browning Buckmark...

I bought it telling myself that it would be great when I took new shooters to the range. Of course that almost never happened and they all wanted to try a bigger caliber anyway. The gun was prone to surface rust and required constant oiling to prevent it from turning orange. I was happy not to lose money on it when I sold it.

Interesting. Stainless/polished or blued?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was looking at getting a blued Camper... guess not!

I found the surface to scuff, scratch and rust very easily. Sitting it down on the plastic tray on the shooting line could leave a "scratch". I wouldn't own another one.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    Walther SP-22. The cheesy space gun. POS. But it was on sale at the time, still, you can pick them up CHEAP on GB.

Walther-SP22-M3-Pistol.jpg

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Keltec PF9.... What was I thinking? I guess because it was cheap... More issues with this then anything else I have owned or own currently. This thing would not feed or extract if the roundes were coated with butter! Sold back to the shop for an XDS and have not looked back!

quickdraw17

I'd rather be shooting...
    Jun 24, 2013
    Savage Model 12 in 308. It shot an consistent, impressive 1.5 inch group....at 50 yards. Tried everything I could think of, including handloads, and could not get that gun to group. Sold it and bought a Remington 700, which shoots much better. Before any of the Savage crowd starts attacking me, I have spoken to several guys that have said Savage normally turns out great shooters and I probably just got a bad one, and I probably should have sent it back to the factory to be checked. But, what's done is done. I gave Savage another try with a Mark II TR that I use as a trainer. With Wolf match, that rifle is a fantastic shooter right from the factory.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I regret buying my Savage FCP-K in .308 and putting Nikon Monarch Scope on it.
    Why... I never shoot it. I don't hunt and I bought it for long range target shooting, but the most convenient range only goes to 200yds where this rifle is no challenge.
    I shoot my M1 , 1903, and M1 Carbine at 200 yds.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I regret buying my Savage FCP-K in .308 and putting Nikon Monarch Scope on it.
    Why... I never shoot it. I don't hunt and I bought it for long range target shooting, but the most convenient range only goes to 200yds where this rifle is no challenge.
    I shoot my M1 , 1903, and M1 Carbine at 200 yds.

I bought the same gun... put a Bushnell elite 6500 scope on top. It was great when I belonged to a private 500 yard range. Then I moved to MD. :tdown::mad54:

I traded the gun away a couple months ago...

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Keltec PF9.... What was I thinking? I guess because it was cheap... More issues with this then anything else I have owned or own currently. This thing would not feed or extract if the roundes were coated with butter! Sold back to the shop for an XDS and have not looked back!

I love my PF9 as a carry gun... and I have no issues. It's not fun to shoot, but its a ton of firepower in a tiny package. My cousin, however, had lots of FTF/FTE problems with his. They were all fixed by tightening the screw on the extractor spring.

If I had to do it all over, I would probably go with the Ruger LC9, but that wasn't available when I bought the Kel-tec.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Sold my M1 garand. All matching IHC. regret that every day. The guy that bought it died and his kids won't sell it to me.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    GSG 1911 .22, I had a lot of failures during that pistol. It was a fun gun but never shoot reliably.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I have the same regret, but mine is branded as a Sig. The finish on the slide began to disappear after about a month of use. Also, one quick lesson was to never use anything but copper jacketed rounds. Soft-nose, particularly hollow-point soft nose, seem to stick to the feed ramp and cause failures--possibly a similar problem with most semi-auto 22lr pistols?

Bobby Bollinger is working on my vanishing finish problem right now. :-)

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I have the same regret, but mine is branded as a Sig. The finish on the slide began to disappear after about a month of use. Also, one quick lesson was to never use anything but copper jacketed rounds. Soft-nose, particularly hollow-point soft nose, seem to stick to the feed ramp and cause failures--possibly a similar problem with most semi-auto 22lr pistols?

Bobby Bollinger is working on my vanishing finish problem right now. :-)

I really enjoyed the gun but it just was picky on ammo and had failures. I think there are only a small handful of good semi-auto .22 pistols. I have a S&W .22 revolver that's just awesome. There are just too many moving parts in the semi.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Let's see:

Bubba 1915 Mauser

It was so bad it couldn't hit the broadside of a barn since the dumb ass who chopped the barrel didn't even bother to have it recrowned. Sold it to my friend who fixed it up. It is decent now.

Bubba Chinese SKS

Guy had a terrible scope mount drilled into the top cover and it came loose while shooting and muzzle device that not only blocked the bayonet but didn't do anything to improve shooting. Sold that on consignment and used the money to get a beautiful Russian SKS I still own to this day.

Modified BWK-92

Would always jam up when it got hot. Almost shied me away from 5.56 AK's forever.

CZ-52

Awkward to shoot and takedown. Sold to my friend who loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom