• erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm sure others have their own, but my big two:

Mini-14 that takes AR magazines
    Mini-30 that takes AK magazines
    It's like Ruger hates money. Either of these would fly off the shelves. Does anyone even like Mini-14 and Mini-30 magazines?

What do you guys want to see get made?

NRA-Benefactor

Defend Freedom
    Feb 4, 2013
    Calvert County
    Well since AR-15s and clones have been named on the banned list of SB281. How about someone come up with something similar that uses similar parts but called something different and can't be called a clone.

Lets call it the RA-51 just to f with them......

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I agree on the Mini's. I also think they should make one chambered in .30 carbine that takes the USGI mags.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Ram-line many years ago made smoked mags that would work in the Mini and AR . I have one and while it does work they are rough and I would not depend on them .

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    How about a M1 Garand in 22 WMR that operates the same way as the real thing with the clip. Heck, how about SVT-40, G43 or other famous military rifles chambered in 22 WMR. These will be Cash & Carry, and compared to 22LR, will have considerably more shooting enjoyment.

The only 22 WMR surplus replica I can think of is the Erma M1 carbine in 22 magnum, and I have been looking for this for years.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I am very happy to be a new owner of a Marlin camp 45 because it takes 1911 magazines :party29:

It will be my new camping/truck gun .

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    What would be even better would be if someone would design an aftermarket mag well that takes AR mags. That way instead of having to buy a new Mini, I could just retrofit the one I have.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Revolver wise, I like a large caliber in a compact gun. I'd like to see S&W make a J frame .44 Special. As it is now, the only small framed ones seem to be Charter Arms and Taurus. S&W made a .44 Special with a 3 inch barrel, but it was an N frame.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The Mini 14 and Mini 30 mags work like the M-14/M1A mags.

And since the Mini 14 is a miniaturized M-14, the mags make sense.

And realize, that when the Mini 14 came out, it was only available with a 5 round mag. And Ruger would not sell 20 round or 30 round mags to the public, only to law enforcement. Same with the GB model with a flash suppressor. LE only.

Ruger did not want AR mags to fit/work.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The Mini 14 and Mini 30 mags work like the M-14/M1A mags.

And since the Mini 14 is a miniaturized M-14, the mags make sense.

And realize, that when the Mini 14 came out, it was only available with a 5 round mag. And Ruger would not sell 20 round or 30 round mags to the public, only to law enforcement. Same with the GB model with a flash suppressor. LE only.

Ruger did not want AR mags to fit/work.

Yes, but they redesigned the rifle after the last AWB expired. They could have easily made the change then. Also, like I said, someone could produce an aftermarket mag well and make a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom