• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Yes, I've read through lots of threads and policies about buying and transferring. I'm in the last 8 hours for a used (but apparently excellent condition) 1911 that would come up from a dealer in SC.

Used, so I don't need a shell casing. FFL needed though, as I'm not one :sad20:

I don't want to spend another $100 getting the 4473 filed and the gun received - recommendations on IPs within range of MoCo to talk to?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Skeeters is great but not worth the drive time unless you want to see the country (He's the one in Smithsburg). Hes only 25 bucks but your time is worth just going to Engage or someone closer.

Don't think there is anyone in MoCo under 50. There is a guy in Mt Airy that is a little less but i cannot remember his name right now.]

Unless it comes with some type of lock i believe you will need a barrel lock as well. Some people on the board loan them or trade them but keep that in mind as well.

Good Luck!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yes, I've read through lots of threads and policies about buying and transferring. I'm in the last 8 hours for a used (but apparently excellent condition) 1911 that would come up from a dealer in SC.

I don't want to spend another $100 getting the 4473 filed and the gun received - recommendations on IPs within range of MoCo to talk to?

don't forgot the 77r forms and 7(0) days wait.. :innocent0

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County

Mt. Airy isn't the closest, but I think Shooter's Discount has some of the cheapest transfer rates around. I seem to remember one of the industry partners in the Hagerstown area was pretty cheap as well.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    ...and the drama ends in being outbid on the pistol I shouldn't be buying anyway!

I think this is the universe telling me to go back to my Ruger lust and wait until I can afford an SR1911, and until one of our IPs has one for me to buy!

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Hafer's Gunsmithing in Williamsport,MD is fair on Transfers. I been dealing with Tim for 10+ years. Done more than a few handful of Gunbroker and AuctionArms Firearm transactions. Well maybe more then too many then I should. It's addicting!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    ...and the drama ends in being outbid on the pistol I shouldn't be buying anyway!

I think this is the universe telling me to go back to my Ruger lust and wait until I can afford an SR1911, and until one of our IPs has one for me to buy!

Or in the future, have a pre-standing arrangement with a local FFL/IP to accept an item if you win it. :)

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Don't know that you need a pre-agreement w an FFL. IIRC, you have 5 days to complete the transaction on GB. I just call my favorite FFL and ask if he wants to handle another one. If not, I'll go down the list. Someone in MD will want to do it:)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Pre-arrangement may not always be neccessary, but it's nice to have one if it's ever needed.

When an IP here was selling something of limited quantity that required an FFL, I was struggling to find one that'd accept delivery on short notice. That's when that thought occurred to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom