• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    :confused: :crazy:

Those "smilies" above are kind of how i feel at the moment.

I was watching Vanguard, and there was this one documentary about how guns were going south and drugs were going north. While this is very true, it showed a thing about "gun loop hole" where you buy from a private vendor with no background check and its completely legal. Now i never plan on doing this, i was just wondering if it was legal or possible in the state of MD, as seeing they are very strict on their gun laws.

Just wondering because i was curious and i dont like to be mis-informed

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    yes its true. if someone is walking around at a show with a gun(rifle/shotgun) slung over his shoulder. he may assume that you are "legal" to own his rifle/shotgun.
    restricted items such as handguns and regulated rifles are a no no.

HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    HA!

Not just no, but Hell No. There is no such loophole.

Ha, okay. I figured as much, i mean it was in the state of AZ so different state-different laws. And yea i mean it was coming from someone who called an ar-15 an assault rifle. Hahaha, so thats where my information on that was coming from. But it is legal in AZ though.

HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    yes its true. if someone is walking around at a show with a gun(rifle/shotgun) slung over his shoulder. he may assume that you are "legal" to own his rifle/shotgun.
    restricted items such as handguns and regulated rifles are a no no.

Ah, okay. Perfect since.

However, i dont plan on doing this, because i dont want unknowingly buy a firearm that could have possibly been in a crime.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The only "loophole" that Bloomberg and his army of idiots wants to end, is the "loophole" called the 2nd Amendment.

HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    ...it showed a thing about "gun loop hole" where you buy from a private dealer with no background check and its completely legal./QUOTE]

WTH is a "private dealer"?

haha-i meant to say a private vendor, lol oops, my mistake i will edit that.

and its some random guy who is selling rifles that has no ffl license and can prove that less than 10% of his income is through firearms sales.

im pretty sure thats what it is, you can google it for yourself to find the word by word deffinition.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    haha-i meant to say a private vendor, lol oops, my mistake i will edit that.

and its some random guy who is selling rifles that has no ffl license and can prove that less than 10% of his income is through firearms sales.

im pretty sure thats what it is, you can google it for yourself to find the word by word deffinition.

one question: are you ATF?:rolleyes:

HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    The only "loophole" that Bloomberg and his army of idiots wants to end, is the "loophole" called the 2nd Amendment.

im not quiet sure what you meant by that. what i think you meant is that its your right to own a firearm and the state/government shouldnt do anything about it(but they do).

i mean thats what i took from it. i mean could you explain what you meant?

the part that threw me off was the "bloomberg and his army of idiots want to end, is the loophole"
    haha excuse my lack of knowlege on this stuff, thats why im asking so i can learn

HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    one question: are you ATF?:rolleyes:

umm, im not sure what you meant by that, but no not at all. Im an 18yr old kid (almost 19)whose is starting to grow a passion for firearms and is going to enlist in the army after 1 more yr of college. if i was an atf agent, i'd have to bring a loaded glock into a classroom full of kids and shoot my foot XD if you havnt seen it, heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ain2by4Fums well hes a dea agent, but they're all the same.

and heres the thread on alittle bit about me http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=75965

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    The Gun Show loophole is the same "loophole" that allows me to sell a rifle to a buddy. It's not a loophole. It's selling a tool to another person. I can't call in a background check as an individual. These "private vendors" are just people. People without FFLs selling their private collections.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    umm, im not sure what you meant by that, but no not at all. Im an 18yr old kid (almost 19)whose is starting to grow a passion for firearms and is going to enlist in the army after 1 more yr of college. if i was an atf agent, i'd have to bring a loaded glock into a classroom full of kids and shoot my foot XD if you havnt seen it, heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ain2by4Fums well hes a dea agent, but they're all the same.

and heres the thread on alittle bit about me http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=75965

What I meant, Who says this isn't entertaining?

HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    The Gun Show loophole is the same "loophole" that allows me to sell a rifle to a buddy. It's not a loophole. It's selling a tool to another person. I can't call in a background check as an individual. These "private vendors" are just people. People without FFLs selling their private collections.

Exactly! and i do appologize for the terminology i used(loophole)but like i said i got it from the media. So having heard nothing of the sort i decided to make a thread, a thread that seemed to make people angry at me for somthing i was asking. Haha!

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    im not quiet sure what you meant by that. what i think you meant is that its your right to own a firearm and the state/government shouldnt do anything about it(but they do).

i mean thats what i took from it. i mean could you explain what you meant?

the part that threw me off was the "bloomberg and his army of idiots want to end, is the loophole"
    haha excuse my lack of knowlege on this stuff, thats why im asking so i can learn

I believe what he means is that Bloomberg and his army of idiots do not want you, the average American to own firearms, period. There is no gun show loop hole. It's a catch phrase to get the soccer moms riled up and nervous.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    No one's angry at you. It's just the anti-gun media makes up this "loophole" crap and before you know it, it is accepted as truth.

In Maryland, you can make a FTF sale of a long gun, private individual to private individual, as long as both are MD residents, both legally capable of owning a firearm. It can take place at a gun show, or a McDonalds parking lot for all that matters. It is what the law says, no "loophole" at all.

Hope this helps.

MH

HBAR

future soldier
    Feb 13, 2012
    obviously MD
    Ahhh! i see. You see, thats where my lack of knowlege kicked in. i had no clue who bloomberg was, now i do! and yes i have appologized for my terminology on "loop hole". Like i said, thats was i heard so thats the only thing i knew to call it by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom