• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    I’d say the average knowledge of gun pricing on this site exceeds that of customers at a gun show thus you may find a buyer. But you’re hoping for a real dumb dumb. If you had never shot it you’d still have to take a hit. Being shot definitely drops it 20-40% because there is nothing special about that rifle. I do wish you luck.
    I don't think I am asking for way too over priced for a gun, barely used, for $700, when msrp is 750. even with a $120 scope to add to it 800 total.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't think I am asking for way too over priced for a gun, barely used, for $700, when msrp is 750. even with a $120 scope to add to it 800 total.
    I can go to Cabela’s and get a NEW one with a free float barrel and M-lok rail for less. MSRP is usually higher than street price…

Yours is used.

IMG_1942.jpeg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

It's a semi free country , you're free to hold out for your price .

You're getting advice for a quick sale , today . If you hold out for next summer's pre election buying panic , you can turn a big profit .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When I scan the classifieds here I'm usually looking for something older, intersting, etc. If I spot somethng more recent it has to be a good price to grab my attention. I say take it to a gun show walk around a bit and get an idea what otheres just like it are priced (and they'll be a bunch of them) and act accordingly.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I can go to Cabela’s and get a NEW one with a free float barrel and M-lok rail for less. MSRP is usually higher than street price…

Yours is used.

View attachment 432399
    That is a better price , with better options and new. He may find a buyer but that in no way confirms it’s a fair price he’s asking. I’ll say I’m selling more than buying these days so if he gets what he’s asking I’ll bandwagon that shyt

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    like I said most people here have guns already, joined the group to find out how to mod their gun.

Disagree. You see a lot of new members who want suggestions on their first gun, or only had hunting guns and want info on buying their first AR or handgun, etc.

there are posts in the classified dating back last year and still haven't sold yet. so doesn't seem like a lot of people here are buying from classifieds.

It depends upon pricing and how desirable the item is to the viewer. Many times I have offered to buy within hours of something being posted, and it's already gone. A lot of people are buying from the classifieds... if you watch regularly you will see plenty of turnover.

And that is probably reason #1 you see items in the classifieds dating back to last year. With that mindset, yours is destined to be one of them.

OTOH, if another panic buy or shortage situation happens in the near future, you could sell it for much more. It depends upon how long you're willing to wait, and what happens during that time.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    You do see a lot of NEW members asking for suggestions, but MOST people here do have guns.

He is specifically selling an AR, though, which is why I made the comment I did.

I obviously don't know the statistics about how many who own guns here who don't have an AR, but more than a few times I have seen long time members start threads to ask questions about buying or building their first. I believe I was a member for at least 6-7 years before I bought one... I just wasn't interested at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom