• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    I will pass this on to my wife. For some reason I don't think she is going to see the validity to your points but thanks for the help. ;)

Sounds like a reason to grow the collection. Sort of like the old commercials, too much space around the TV. Too much space in the safe.

Along

Mar 14, 2011
    St Mary's
    I have the opposite problem, when she is with me. I will try to say, "well I got to think about it and talk it over with my girl." She without fail replies,"Why? if you want it, get it, and let me see that one over there..."
    Yep, that can get expensive. Especially, when I want just about all the ones I look at.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia

SWEET! I need some horse stall mat and a bunch of gates. I planned on driving to waldorf but now I can, literally, just drive down the street (I am in Leonardtown).

Will report back with a safe inventory if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Gun safes seem like a good idea, but I like to travel light. Moved here in a Honda Civic. It would now take me about 2 trips in a Civic to move. Don't think it would work with a gun safe on the roof :P

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Just a thought for those who do not think a gun safe is worth the cost. Many states (and MD will follow suit) will charge a gun owner with a crime if their guns are not kept "safe" from theft. Not your fault but opens the door to a civil suit. A good gun safe is cheap at the price. A good safe costs $500 to $2000. A good lawyer costs $3000 to $5000. just sayin...

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    A good safe costs $500 to $2000..

What safes are these? IMO a good safe will prevent theft and be resistant to a fire (30-45 min). I've not found any safes in the price range that can do that. $2500+ is what I would say is a good safe. 12ga steel pretty much blows after seeing all the pictures of the safes opened with a crowbar and/or axe.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Not big enough. AS with sheds, garages and storage...bigger is always better.

Tractor Supply has put there Cannon 48 gun on sale for ~799.00 (vs. 999), the last couple of thanksgiving sales. They currently have a Winchester 24 gun for 699.99 and a Cannon 24 gun is 549.99. Costco has a Bighorn brand, 24 gun for 769.99

Was 699.... I paid 750 Out the door.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363230305.363863.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Model number was ts6040.
    Now however they have a ts6040dlx, it looks like it comes with a door stocking for pistols. I will say this though, youll have a hard time putting anything below the mid section of the door cause if your safe is full, the bottoms of the rifles can/ will contact the door when closing. I added some foam window insulation to the door bottom to stop knicking my rifles up.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    I like the fact that it has a 4in thick steel door, but the12ga steel walls still bother me. The right thief might know to just hammer on the the side or welds to get in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Would like to hear more opinions on the 12ga steel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom