• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Does anyone own a Steelwater Safe? I noticed that they are having a nice sale on their 20 gun safe. $799.00 marked down from around $1500. Maybe they are phasing that model out. The nice thing is it's rated for 45 minutes fire safe. Just wonderin...

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Not big enough. AS with sheds, garages and storage...bigger is always better.

Tractor Supply has put there Cannon 48 gun on sale for ~799.00 (vs. 999), the last couple of thanksgiving sales. They currently have a Winchester 24 gun for 699.99 and a Cannon 24 gun is 549.99. Costco has a Bighorn brand, 24 gun for 769.99

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought a Cannon safe from Costco online. Price includes delivery to the house. Unfortunately I had to get it to the basement and bolt it down. Thank goodness for Aleve. Great price, American made.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If you're going to invest in a safe, get good fireproofing...and the biggest you can afford.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'm going to throw in a shout-out. Picked up my SECOND Mosler (with poured insulation)from Safecracker this past weekend. Awesome construction for a safe used by the American Heart Association.
    True protection, by far better than my first Costco buy, a Liberty with sheetrock "insulation". Just an FYI for those looking, any questions, just ask me.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I'm going to throw in a shout-out. Picked up my SECOND Mosler (with poured insulation)from Safecracker this past weekend. Awesome construction for a safe used by the American Heart Association.
    True protection, by far better than my first Costco buy, a Liberty with sheetrock "insulation". Just an FYI for those looking, any questions, just ask me.

I tried for 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with safecracker to go look at what he had and make a purchase with no success. I have since given up. Maybe I will try again when I fill up my Sturdy because I really do want a Mosler fire rated filing cabinet and a regular double/single door.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Wade,
    Isn't really a firearm safe per se, but could be retrofitted:On casters, the external dimensions are 53h x 22w x 28d. Internal 43x17x19.5
    Moderately heavy in weight, suggested 600lbs. Not my big Mosler by any means. Bought in the classifieds here for $500.

Keep trying to get in contact with Dave (http://safeworksonline.com/). He seems to have safes come and go.

Here's a two fer that looked really stout when I saw it:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=13522

Attachments

• closed.jpg
      closed.jpg
      73.1 KB · Views: 554
    • open.jpg
      open.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 555

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This thread is helpful to me b/c I am looking for a good deal on a safe too! Sounds like Tractor Supply and Costco are the places to go for decent deals?

The customer in front of me just bought all the safes.

Along

Mar 14, 2011
    St Mary's
    Just stopped by tractor supply in Waldorf and both the $699 and $549 sold. They have the $999 one but I can't justify that for my collection.

Sounds like a reason to grow the collection. Sort of like the old commercials, too much space around the TV. Too much space in the safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom