• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Awesome. How long do they actually last?

I imagine it would be tempting to "recharge" them with a drop or two....

Depends upon time of year; when it’s scorching hot a week, maybe. In cold weather 14-21 days at most.

Holy krap, I can’t believe I never thought of that! I snapped that photo of the one in my truck at range today so, Immagunna try saturating it to see if it works!

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Depends upon time of year; when it’s scorching hot a week, maybe. In cold weather 14-21 days at most.

Holy krap, I can’t believe I never thought of that! I snapped that photo of the one in my truck at range today so, Immagunna try saturating it to see if it works!
    Thanks! I'm curious what they used to infuse the fragrance.

If do you "recharge" them with a drop or two, don't roll up those windows! :)

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I went to the range yesterday and shot a bunch of my guns. It was a blast. <Get it Blast..... Now the part I hate. Cleaning them all. I know there will be many of you that say one day at the range doesn't mean the gun need cleaning and maybe they don't but I am just that guy that likes to keep my shit clean. I can't help myself. Who hates cleaning guns as much as I do?
    I don't clean my guns ever (I know an AK is for me sadly MD things on the caliber and barrel length I want) but I find it relaxing when I do sit down after a hunt in the rain. if it wasn't used in the rain I may go a few thousand rounds before cleaning unless its my 22 because that MFer stove pipes if you don't clean it after 100 rounds.

Captain TS

MDS Supporter
    Jul 26, 2013
    Harford County
    I went to the range yesterday and shot a bunch of my guns. It was a blast. <Get it Blast..... Now the part I hate. Cleaning them all. I know there will be many of you that say one day at the range doesn't mean the gun need cleaning and maybe they don't but I am just that guy that likes to keep my shit clean. I can't help myself. Who hates cleaning guns as much as I do?
    Every time I try I get my bore snake stuck in a different barrel

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I recently bought a borescope. Although I've only messed with it a little, I have a feeling that it is going to become a regular part of my barrel/chamber cleaning process in the future.

While looking at a few of my barrels, I found one fouled with a shiny black material. I believe this is from the coating on some cast bullets I loaded that I got from the Missouri Bullet Company. It comes off, but not easily. Probably need to get some acetone to get it cleaner.

The other barrels I looked at pretty much just had some copper smear in the barrels and carbon fouling in the chambers. I'm not sure what the MDS consensus on copper "fouling" is, but I'm inclined to leave the copper alone and just attack the carbon.

Last edited:

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    It's amazing to hear all the reasons for not cleaning firearms. I have assumed that cleaning is necessary for proper functioning, accuracy, and prevention of rust, and other problems. But what do I know?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    It's amazing to hear all the reasons for not cleaning firearms. I have assumed that cleaning is necessary for proper functioning, accuracy, and prevention of rust, and other problems. But what do I know?
    Yep. Boggles my mind too.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg

Attachments

• 8b13se.jpg
      8b13se.jpg
      33 KB · Views: 26

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

The odd part- do these people shower, brush their teeth, clean their clothes, or plates and forks, ovens, floors, cars & trucks, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom