• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What kind of belt do you like best?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What color do you have sir?

My google searches for biothane relate it to the horse industry? We have about 30 horses.

Yep, that's the crazy thing, this BioThane material is almost exclusively used in the horse community. Because its much stronger than leather, and completely water resistant, mildew, etc.

I only purchased a small spool of black 1.25" with a leather print on the synthetic material. So it should work perfectly for most jeans, and dress pants. Its just an experiment, because if you make your own belt, only need a buckle, it should last your lifetime.

My belt made from it is easily over 10 years old, and looks really good. The belt holes have almost no wear. It's amazing stuff.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Anyone looking for an excellent web belt, this might be the best:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/carbon-tactics-cobrastrap?referer=3ZXZ6R

With the cobra buckle. This is the belt VikingTactical (former Delta) sells for around $25 more.

I searched and could not find this belt for less than on MassDrop:

MD-23343_20160719095308_3d380af48f8823c1.jpg

https://www.massdrop.com/r/3ZXZ6R

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Looks like a nice, unsupported web belt. A complete copy of the Ares gear belt.

Yep. They all copy one another, several use the cobra buckle. The buckle has to be removed to thread through most pants; that's kinda a pain.

Researching, I see that there is a mini cobra buckle; and even better a magnetic buckle out there (neither available on this drop). I'd really like the magnetic buckle.

I still like leather best, even if it's not as durable as BioThane.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I have a few yards of this BioThane material if anyone is interested in building their own belt.

Do you still have any? I'd be interested. I have a leather hole puch, do they work on biothane? In general do leather tools work on biothane?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Do you still have any? I'd be interested. I have a leather hole puch, do they work on biothane? In general do leather tools work on biothane?

I do, not much, but enough for another belt or two. I'm pretty sure a leather punch would work fine, I was able to cut it with heavy duty scissors. Let's try.

Putting on a traditional buckle would be a little more work, but look best (in my opinion), classic. Could more easily use a slip on buckle, like a military dress buckle, I tried one at the gun show, it worked great, and was super easy.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...&thid=OIP.Me886f3fe5874a4c2f4b4f180b367dde3H0

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yep. They all copy one another, several use the cobra buckle. The buckle has to be removed to thread through most pants; that's kinda a pain.

Researching, I see that there is a mini cobra buckle; and even better a magnetic buckle out there (neither available on this drop). I'd really like the magnetic buckle.

I still like leather best, even if it's not as durable as BioThane.

For me, removing the buckle is part of the ritual anyway, since I am sliding a mag pouch and holster on the belt too.
    IWB I'll use any softer belt since the support isn't needed like owb.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    For me, removing the buckle is part of the ritual anyway, since I am sliding a mag pouch and holster on the belt too.
    IWB I'll use any softer belt since the support isn't needed like owb.

I wouldn't want to remove part of the buckle every time I put on the belt.

Today I visited a building with a scanner and metal detector, I walked through with my belt on and the guy said it probably would be no problem. Then it went off. He used the wand, and said it was detecting metal in my belt, I looked down and realized I was wearing the gun belt with a metal liner that I'm testing. After we realized the deal, I joked that guys my size need a little extra help; he chuckled that its a sign of a good quality belt.

Oh, they also let me take in my gov legal sized pen-knife.

I ordered a buckle to try with the bioThane belt, will post how it goes if anyone is interested.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I think I'm about to give up on the 'Alien Gear' / 'Big Foot' (AG/BF) belt (I still think they are one in the same, but with different labels). I sometimes find myself having to go to into federal buildings which run visitors through metal detectors. Because these AG/BF belts have a thin steel core, I get the third degree, or have to take the belt completely off, what a pain. Making the issue worse, because the belts are so thick, and because I typically wear slacks/suits, its not easy getting these thick belts through the loops. Granted these AG/BF belts are better than most anything you'll find in chain retail stores, there are several much better belts (thinner too!) available. One really good quality belt will function better and last much longer than several cheaper belts.

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    I use a Crossbreed leather belt for daily use and a Tuff Products Surefit set for competition. Used to use a Safariland ELS system, but find the Tuff belt to be much better. Either way, a flimsy, cheap belt simply will not do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom