• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Planning to start this up again. Three hours working on skills you’re not allowed to practice at commercial ranges. We will be working on holster draws, shooting and moving, shooting from various positions, using cover, etc. New range location is in Owings, MD, just south of Anne Arundel County. Hoping to get started by mid to late September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Tentative plans: Saturday, September 16th, @am to 1pm. The private range location is in Owings, MD, roughly 30 minutes south of Annapolis. It’s in the back of a nice community that backs up to a wooded area. There are no “facilities.” So, pee behind a tree, and before you shoot.

Training objectives may vary slightly, based on the group, but will likely involve a review of the fundamentals, and time spent on marksmanship, then multiple targets, shooting while moving, effective use of cover, and various shooting positions.

Pricing: I’m thinking $225 for four hours, plus a $25 range fee for the land owner. 10% discount for returning students.

Let me know your thoughts and let’s get back to training!!

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    Dang, the 16th is no good for me this month. I'll be keeping an eye open for future workshops though!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Ok. I just created two links on my website. “September Guided Range Workshop” for new students who haven’t trained with me yet, and “GRWS-10” for returning students.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Apologies to GC since I said I was interested.

I’m not going to be able to make this one. Have some minor health stuff going on and don’t think I can hack it right now.

I hope to make the next one and you get a get showing. I enjoyed the last outdoor range session and the indoor one awhile back.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Ok. Thank you to those who registered for the training this Saturday. I will send an email to each of you in the next few minutes with specific information for the class.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Apologies to GC since I said I was interested.

I’m not going to be able to make this one. Have some minor health stuff going on and don’t think I can hack it right now.

I hope to make the next one and you get a get showing. I enjoyed the last outdoor range session and the indoor one awhile back.

No need to apologize. Take care of your health, and we’ll be here for you when you’re ready.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    There are still spots available if you’re interested.

Thanks Mike. I am just getting back (still on the plane) from a two week vacation so I will have a lot of crap to catch up with this weekend. I will definitely be on the lookout for the next one. I have really gotten a lot out of the previous sessions.
    Thanks for the offer.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Thanks to those who came out yesterday. Was a great time. Next class is likely going to be the first weekend in October. We did a review of the fundamentals yesterday. Moving forward, a good working base of the fundamentals will be a prerequisite so we can spend more time on drills. If you want to attend the workshop but don’t think you are ready for it, reach out and let’s do a private lesson.

Next workshop will include engaging multiple threats, drug and armor drills, and non-standard shooting positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom