• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    Hello all! Same as a few others have been lurking around eating popcorn and reading the threads. I've posted the obligatory impatient 'why hasn't my HQL been approved yet?!' And have been just absorbing material till I got a chance to send more than a couple rounds down range. Which was today!:party29:

My background with firearms is limited to a few odd plinking shots growing up and a very short stint at skeet and trap at the PG Trap and Skeet center back in the 90's. I've had an 870 for possible home defense but have let my skills fall to the wayside. I have been interested in handguns for a while but never got around to getting proper training. I was going to jump on board prior 10/13 but life happens... Anyhoot, with the current administration making more and more noise about restricting our 2A rights I figured I better get on board while it was still legal. With 4 kids at home (newborn to 9 y.o.) I wanted to make sure I was being safe and have at least basic training prior to having one ready to use at home.

Long story short, took the HQL class at worth-a-shot, took NRA FIRST Steps Pistol at MSAR, received HQL, went to Fox's Firearms and purchased my first handgun (Kel-Tec pmr30), watched it go into the vault for it's 7 day incubation period:sad20:, received the PMR 30 this week and just got back home from the NRA Basic Pistol class (shot another 186 rounds after class through my new pistol and about to strip her down (the PMR 30 that is, the wife will be home later) and clean her along with the poor 870 that's been sitting in it's case for the last year.

Also added a couple items to keep things safe at home (proper gun cabinet for the 870 and the soon to get henry .22 mag to match the pmr-30) and a FAS-1 safe for the pistol.
    In the near future looking to practice as much as possible on the pistol, take the Utah Permit class, take a home defense class and possibly get into some of the target shooting courses/competitions (the last would be a bit later depending on where things take me from here.)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 130

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just so you know Fox Firearms tried to sue the owners and mods of the forum. I don't recommend ever doing business with him ever.

my opinion.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    Where did you go to get the PMR 30 mags ?

At the aforementioned dealer, pinned (pop-riveted) to 10 round. I also have on order from NoVa firearms for two more 30 round mags. They're located near where I'm working at the moment (also an IP I believe :) ).

Not sure if appropriate to discuss what I did with my pinned mags, going to read the forum rules again...

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    At the aforementioned dealer, pinned (pop-riveted) to 10 round. I also have on order from NoVa firearms for two more 30 round mags. They're located near where I'm working at the moment (also an IP I believe :) ).

Not sure if appropriate to discuss what I did with my pinned mags, going to read the forum rules again...

Less is more. Spies abound. Welcome from Marriottsville, MD.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Welcome from a former fellow lurker now with 3,500+ posts. Be active. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom