• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Basically there is one more major thing we want from MSP, that is a mailing to all licensed regulated firearms dealers in MD from MSP explaining the problem and what thre dealers can legally do, such as timely releases without completed background checks, no NICS, liability factor with MSP, etc., etc..

Alot has happened with this, primarily waiting for the closing arguments (so to speak) and the dotting of the i's and crossing of the T's. I know there are a number of MD dealers that are overwhelmed with the backlog of sold regulated guns and related paperwork, and in some instances, don't have the room to safely keep the stuff and I'm (wasn't) no exception. This is one of the many reasons after careful research and consideration, I began to release without completed background checks a few weeks ago. MSP is aware of this problem and by and large, trying to cooperate with us as they know this whole jargin is one GREAT BIG CUSTERFLUCK for everybody involved.

Thank you very much Lou. This is great news. Im clear on this now.

I just hope the cop shop follows suit, or atleast i can find a ffl to transfer to that will honor the 7 day release

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    MSI will release a statement when the details are solidified. There is a big difference between waiting until we have all the i's dotted and t's crossed before saying something and not knowing anything. ;-)

Patrick should go and work for Microsoft, then. There's the joke that a group of people are in a helicopter and their communication systems go down in the fog, so they fly around this building and hold a sign to the helicopter window that says "Where are we?" They keep flying, and someone in the building holds up a response sign that says "In a helicopter." After seeing the sign, the pilot immediately knows where he is and is able to land the helicopter. When others in the group asked how he knew where they were, he responded that "When I saw that sign, I knew we were at Microsoft's headquarters. Their message was technically correct, but it was of no use to your average person."

So I guess Patrick's post was technically correct, but led us to believe he had no idea what was going on. "No, no, no update, just hearing rumors, we'll post when we hear something official!" :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    just pulling your chain Lou. :thumbsup:

:sign13: I dont question Lous info...I was just trying to make light of things...

No prob bro', I was seeing this thread in a "very serious" context and your posts were taken by me, and a few others too, as same. Glad we got that straightened out. Upstanding fellow you are.:thumbsup:

You gotta' understand, I was kinda' puttin' my dick on the chopping block earlier in this thread with the content of my posts, has a tendency to make me a bit uncomfortable if you know what I mean.

Crap! Maybe Lou won't notice my new "C3 for 2A" tat.

Well if you don't wear only your bathrobe to the shop anymore and practice proper conceal carry of that thing in the right side of your drawers, I won't notice your new tat.:lol2::bannana:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    So if you've never purchased before and your paperwork was faxed before this message went out, you're still in the long wait pile?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    If a dealer will honor the MSP email, the dealer should start releasing from oldest first working up to most recent as this is what I did over the past three weeks. I had a HUGE backlog dating back to late February and it took a HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK and MANY LOOOOOONG DAYS AND NIGHTS to get this caught up. If the shop you deal with has a huge backlog from way back then, don't expect to be able to pick up until they get the earlier applications out of the way first, after all, those people have been waiting alot longer than you.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I just want to let all know that read this thread the following information. I appreciate the thanks that many of you have displayed here in this thread, BUT, I'm not the only person responsible for sorting out this huge MSP backlog fustercluck, actually I was just a small cog in a HUGE wheel in this matter. There were numerous other people equally responsible for this too, some of which were carrying more of a burden than I to get resolution to the backlog problem. Under no circumstances will I accept and take all the thanks, adda' boys, and way to go's in this matter. We all have to think about and thank those others that were a part of this successful endeavor as it was not just one person that made this happen, it was a group of people that made this happen. I worked within the structure of the MLFDA and also on my own outside of any recognized association or organization. I'm positive that there are others on this forum who worked just as diligently as I, perhaps even more than I, that deserve the thanks too. Granted, you heard it from me first, but that doesn't make me the hero here. We all need to give thanks to all that were, and are still involved in getting this matter resolved. At this time, let me give my thanks to those that helped and took part in this matter. To those that worked, and are still working on this, you know who you are and if you wish, at this time (or later if you prefer), stand up and be counted as my sincerest "thank you" is extended.

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    Awesome news, so does this mean all previous applications are being released earlier? Or is this limited to those that are LEO or have DC status at shooters discount?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just want to let all know that read this thread the following information. I appreciate the thanks that many of you have displayed here in this thread, BUT, I'm not the only person responsible for sorting out this huge MSP backlog fustercluck, actually I was just a small cog in a HUGE wheel in this matter. There were numerous other people equally responsible for this too, some of which were carrying more of a burden than I to get resolution to the backlog problem. Under no circumstances will I accept and take all the thanks, adda' boys, and way to go's in this matter. We all have to think about and thank those others that were a part of this successful endeavor as it was not just one person that made this happen, it was a group of people that made this happen. I worked within the structure of the MLFDA and also on my own outside of any recognized association or organization. I'm positive that there are others on this forum who worked just as diligently as I, perhaps even more than I, that deserve the thanks too. Granted, you heard it from me first, but that doesn't make me the hero here. We all need to give thanks to all that were, and are still involved in getting this matter resolved. At this time, let me give my thanks to those that helped and took part in this matter. To those that worked, and are still working on this, you know who you are and if you wish, at this time (or later if you prefer), stand up and be counted as my sincerest "thank you" is extended.

We really appreciate your efforts Lou, and could you please pass along our appreciation to the others that have worked with you? Your efforts are proof that all is NOT lost and with persistence and determination, battles can be won. :party29:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    We really appreciate your efforts Lou, and could you please pass along our appreciation to the others that have worked with you? Your efforts are proof that all is NOT lost and with persistence and determination, battles can be won. :party29:

This ^^^ must be to date your sincerest post I've read and will most certainly forward the gratitude.:thumbsup:

BTW, the MLFDA could really use some donations to help with the legal battle here and the upcoming SB281 lawsuit.:innocent0

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Yeah, but you are the one providing us with the information.

Personally, I have no idea why this is such a hard thing. Both side of the lawsuit should be able to sit down and agree on a process for pending applications and future applications, put this process to paper, and send it out to the FFL's.

The MSP fax/e-mail I have read is about as clear as mud. Bottom line, I just need to know how this is going to move forward for my own sake and so I can advise my clients, friends, and family appropriately. They all want to know what the deadlines look like.

Any resolution via the lawsuit regarding what will happen with handgun applications submitted prior to October 1, 2013 but not approved by MSP until October 1, 2013 or later? Prior to having their Form 77r approved, will those applicants need to obtain a handgun qualification license because of the MSP's ineptitude?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The MSP fax/e-mail I have read is about as clear as mud. Bottom line, I just need to know how this is going to move forward for my own sake and so I can advise my clients, friends, and family appropriately. They all want to know what the deadlines look like.

As per current time, I'd suggest you inform your people to deal with a dealer that is participating with the MSP email to dealers, though some of those dealers may have a few restrictions/prerequisites (similar to what I've established at Shooters Discount) for release before receiving the ND from MSP. BTW, I've also added a previous ND to the list for release though the individual must present a legible copy of their last ND paperwork.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Any resolution via the lawsuit regarding what will happen with handgun applications submitted prior to October 1, 2013 but not approved by MSP until October 1, 2013 or later? Prior to having their Form 77r approved, will those applicants need to obtain a handgun qualification license because of the MSP's ineptitude?

I've been hearing both sides of this coin. At this time I'm not certain how this will come in to play as I'm more so concentrating on the CURRENT PROBLEM with the massive backlog that is looming over our heads NOW. The workload that this has produced, I'm addressing it and not much else at the moment. Back shortly after the turn of the millenium when the MD handgun (regulated firearm) safety course became effective law, those that made application and said apps received by MSP prior to the effective date didn't need the MD regulated firearm safety course to take possession after the law went into effect. It might very well be possible that this new law taking effect 10/01/13 will exempt those that made application and said apps received by MSP before said date could be exempt from the provisions of SB281, though I'm not certain about this at the moment. My suggestion to you and anybody else is to make your regulated purchases sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom