(graphic pictures) In my backyard the last thing to go through a woodchucks mind.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    This makes sportsman look like blood thirsty hicks. It does nothing to help public opinion and this is a public forum in a liberal state. Think about what you are doing here, I have been hunting since I was 12 and would not dream of posting a picture of an animals head blown open and eyeball hanging out. You come off as twisted.

I think the graphic warning is already posted in the thread title, "Graphic Pictures".

I believe the mods added that after the pic with the "bulging" eyes.I'm probably (most likely) going to hell anyway,but I thought it was funny.

(This is your brain on hollow-points kind of humor)

(Over the fence,across the field,off the rock; Nothing but chunks)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I believe the mods added that after the pic with the "bulging" eyes.I'm probably (most likely) going to hell anyway,but I thought it was funny.

(This is your brain on hollow-points kind of humor)

(Over the fence,across the field,off the rock; Nothing but chunks)

Well I guess that makes two of us going to hell 'cause the "bulging eyes" thing looked soooooo cuuuuuute, kinda' like a stuffed toy or cartoon character:lol2:

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    This makes sportsman look like blood thirsty hicks. It does nothing to help public opinion and this is a public forum in a liberal state. Think about what you are doing here, I have been hunting since I was 12 and would not dream of posting a picture of an animals head blown open and eyeball hanging out. You come off as twisted.

Um sorry i offended you? your browser has a back button. and no one made you click the thread that says (graphic pictures) in the sub forum about shooting animals.:rolleyes:
    Even though the picture is rather gory i can assure you it was a humane kill, hell the animal probably didnt feel anything at all.

TheRedDragon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 6, 2010
    are these groundhogs doing something to your property to warrant these executions or are you just doing it to pass time?

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    are these groundhogs doing something to your property to warrant these executions or are you just doing it to pass time?

digging holes under the sheds some places are much worse than others. if you look in the last picture you will see a 40 foot sea container, the ground hogs had 5 or 6 holes dug under the back of it and from all of the rain about 7 feet of the hill washed away completely to the point of us having to build a cinder block wall to hold up the rear of the 40 foot container.

a few years ago we had to rip the deck off the back of the house and fill in two holes dug about 3/4 of the way down the foundation. it was so bad the walls were starting to have moisture seep in when it would rain hard. when the house was built in 1982 we had a partial collapse of the basement wall/foundation from something digging out the dirt from the foundation.

they have also previously found a way to chew through the underground electrical and cable wires leading to the detached garage. and let me tell you digging up 175 feet of underground wires to find a break in the wire is no picnic in the middle of the summer.

the farm across the street used to pay me to shoot groundhogs on their property because they actually had to have one of their horses put down from stepping in a hole in the pasture.

they have become more than a nuisance to us and every year we will get 30-40 new ones that come in and try to take over. they must be dispatched with extreme prejudice.

Ive been hunting them on the property since i was 15 and even though ive moved out of the house i still have to go over for some damage control to keep them from tearing up the place. my parents arent getting any younger and all these things do is create more work for them. 24 acres is hard enough to keep up with when you have two people who are almost 60 still working full time jobs trying to take care of it all.

im sure most of you have no problems with a little groundhog population control. but an eyeball pops out and you guys shit a brick. put on your big boy pants or dont open the thread

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    i'm finding it hard to believe that this was "self-defense"

he was coming right for me:D

oh and the guy who called me twisted would you believe it if i told you i used to have a pet ground hog? and 2 pet squirrels? the cat used to bring home baby animals so small that their eyes weren't even open yet. we would nurse them back to health and release them on the other side of the gunpowder. we would release the squirrels on the property. their are also very large deer living on the property that i will not shoot because my mother thinks they are pretty. :)

TheRedDragon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 6, 2010
    digging holes under the sheds some places are much worse than others. if you look in the last picture you will see a 40 foot sea container, the ground hogs had 5 or 6 holes dug under the back of it and from all of the rain about 7 feet of the hill washed away completely to the point of us having to build a cinder block wall to hold up the rear of the 40 foot container.

a few years ago we had to rip the deck off the back of the house and fill in two holes dug about 3/4 of the way down the foundation. it was so bad the walls were starting to have moisture seep in when it would rain hard. when the house was built in 1982 we had a partial collapse of the basement wall/foundation from something digging out the dirt from the foundation.

they have also previously found a way to chew through the underground electrical and cable wires leading to the detached garage. and let me tell you digging up 175 feet of underground wires to find a break in the wire is no picnic in the middle of the summer.

the farm across the street used to pay me to shoot groundhogs on their property because they actually had to have one of their horses put down from stepping in a hole in the pasture.

they have become more than a nuisance to us and every year we will get 30-40 new ones that come in and try to take over. they must be dispatched with extreme prejudice.

Ive been hunting them on the property since i was 15 and even though ive moved out of the house i still have to go over for some damage control to keep them from tearing up the place. my parents arent getting any younger and all these things do is create more work for them. 24 acres is hard enough to keep up with when you have two people who are almost 60 still working full time jobs trying to take care of it all.

im sure most of you have no problems with a little groundhog population control. but an eyeball pops out and you guys shit a brick. put on your big boy pants or dont open the thread

understandable, if an animal is a problem or its gonna be used for food im ok with that. i just can't get down with people killing animals just to kill them. cowardly act in my book. but if these guys are tearing your property up then so be it, it's gotta be done. happy hunting.

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    understandable, if an animal is a problem or its gonna be used for food im ok with that. i just can't get down with people killing animals just to kill them. cowardly act in my book. but if these guys are tearing your property up then so be it, it's gotta be done. happy hunting.

they are pretty much the only think on the property ill even shoot. we have a shitload of fox, deer, even had a bobcat once. i will dispatch the occasional rabbit. those little bastards are everywhere. I really only take out the woodchucks because they are so destructive.

My older brother one year almost took a header riding his dirt bike across the field when he hit a cluster of like 4 or five holes, literally in the middle of the wheat field. it almost astonishing how much damage these little things can do in a relatively short amount of time

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    "ITS COMIN RIGHT FOR US!" you gotta start blasting deer now. i see at LEAST 5 a day and i live in Timonium...which is about as country as...Cockeysville? haha

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    "ITS COMIN RIGHT FOR US!" you gotta start blasting deer now. i see at LEAST 5 a day and i live in Timonium...which is about as country as...Cockeysville? haha

I want to go deer hunting but don't really have a place to do it. I don't wanna do it at my parents because my mother likes them so much and they really aren't hurting anything there. I do love deer meat though:D

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    WY
    Makes me wanna start a thread about shooting kats...... nothing brings the whiny city girls out of the woodwork like a good ol' kat shooting thread :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom