• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    "Gov. Larry Hogan swiftly vetoed a transportation scoring bill he labeled “the worst kind of policy” Friday morning, ensuring a veto override fight in the legislature.

Moments after the bill arrived on his desk, Hogan issued a prepared, three-page veto letter that said the bill “miserably fails” his “simple test” of whether a new law makes it easier for families and small businesses to stay in, or move to, Maryland.

Calling the legislation “regrettable,” Hogan wrote that the bill “has the potential to once again put Maryland roads and highways on a path of neglect and underinvestment. I would be defaulting on my vow to Marylanders if I did not make every effort to resist passage of this bill.”...
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...nsportation-spending-bill-20160401-story.html

Them's fightin' words from Hogan.

And this in in Hogan's wheelhouse. Hopefully he's gonna make them look like the partisan political hacks and chumps that they are.

If you read the comments from this link you will see that the vitriol of the Left comes out. So with their comments that the rural areas don't need the money, Than have Pax river pull out taking the Millions of dollars and a few thousand jobs with it since these areas don't count since it is not in the DC Baltimore corridor.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Personally I am glad he vetoed this early. It means he is confident he can win the fight (in the court of public opinion anyway). Annapolis twisting itself in knots to protect pet projects and special interests, and ignoring their constituents is exactly what we need to see.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If you read the comments from this link you will see that the vitriol of the Left comes out. So with their comments that the rural areas don't need the money, Than have Pax river pull out taking the Millions of dollars and a few thousand jobs with it since these areas don't count since it is not in the DC Baltimore corridor.

One word to bring up from the recent past: Beretta.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Personally I am glad he vetoed this early. It means he is confident he can win the fight (in the court of public opinion anyway). Annapolis twisting itself in knots to protect pet projects and special interests, and ignoring their constituents is exactly what we need to see.

The move will make the Mike and Mike carnival burn through their political capitol fast and early. It is a good move. M&M only have power when they can buy votes. The sooner they run out, or low on, their "power" (giving away things their positions control), the sooner they can no longer buy votes for laws they wish to pass.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The move will make the Mike and Mike carnival burn through their political capitol fast and early. It is a good move. M&M only have power when they can buy votes. The sooner they run out, or low on, their "power" (giving away things their positions control), the sooner they can no longer buy votes for laws they wish to pass.

Don't ever forget that they have the bottomless pockets of the Bloomberg Machine behind them. If they can't steal it or bully it they'll try to buy it.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD

I don't ever see the Mike & Mike political capital coming to an end...not with the Minorities and Illegals occupying those seats in the GA. Conservative Marylanders will forever be in an uphill struggle and that's why you need an exit strategy to unass this cesspool when your personal objectives are met. It's called Head for the F... Hills, boys.

Been in Laurhell since July 1984 and have had it!

Lew--Ranger63
    Old, Critical and Testy
    .[/QUOT

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    This might have something to do with why he vetoed early:https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...=hp_local-news_hoganpoll-715am:homepage/story

Hogan knows which battles to pick. It will be interesting if M&M actually override this, since it will show how out of touch they actually are.

Hogan's real challenge is not to become another Ehrlich. Ehrlich had a great approval rating his first year or so as governor but that nosedived the second half of his term. To me it was that while he was good at boasting about not raising taxes, he had no problem raising every fee under the son. You can only fool the people so long.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The House veto over-ride was 88-52.... At 12:29 just before I left the gallery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 419

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hogan -- and by extension the electorate -- needs to be portrayed as the Gen. ASSy's. victims in this. The voters' will is being undone.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Well, I respect Governor Hogan for standing firm on his principles. He did not play any games. He vetoed it like he said he would. He did not wait till the 11th hour to do it knowing full well that a veto overide was imminent. He stands tall here and has my respect. I have a feeling his actions will help him.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Folks should be reminded that this bill has two main goals...

1) Remove authority from the (Republican) Governor for decisions about transportation priorities

and

2) Throw taxpayer dollars into the Leftist Triangle, to further solidify the D voting blocs in Baltimore shitty and the DC burbs

You do know your best friend was the primary sponsor of that bill right?

And she will deny it at every chance. :sad20:

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Sadly, MD is a lost cause. Following the redistricting referendum a few years back, the downward spiral was inevitable.

I sure understand your frustration. I hope you are wrong. You know, I really like living in Maryland. We can't give up the fight, we just can't. Failed policies will eventually bring them down. Just don't know when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom