• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    shell casing was eliminated to save money, and had nothing what so ever to do with forwarding 2A issues...at best it was a bone thrown to us...it has a net gain of zero

Fingerprints is a no brainer...they don't change...again, net gain of zero, no actual gun law was changed..

...try again please...

No matter how you try to down play it and cast aspersions... A benefit is still a benefit and not a liability. I explained it for you logically. I can not understand it for you. You're on your own.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The thread is going in circles! I had to check the page to make sure I was at the end. It's in a flat spin. WE'RE GONNA CRASH...

Seriously, does anyone have anything NEW to say?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. You've got to read this article to believe it. The Dems have lost their minds. Completely!

http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/demo...gan-say-hes-silently-endorsing-trump/39399760

well then he needs to grow a pair and make a decision politics be damned - tired of hearing excuses for him because he's looking forward to the next election,he had a bout with cancer, yadayadayada.... just another puppet enjoying the benefits of being governor .

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    Why so obtuse?
    • No more requirement for a spent shell casing. It was a stumbling block for every new pistol sold in this state... Gone.

• No more requirement for new fingerprints for CCW renewal. A financial and effort burden on all current CCW holders... Gone.

Spent shell casing..how didn't this hold up the sale of a pistol in MD? Still Same waiting period etc.

Also what is a ccw in MD....pretty much unobtainable. nothing really gained there by most

Nothing really gained at all as I'm still paying rain tax also.

Your move ....

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Never let any concept of dignity get between little Brian and making political hay. Wouldn't expect anything better from the misanthropic prick who held a press conference advertising his new gun control bill at the exact same time they were burying a bunch of the Newtown kids. No wonder even the other extreme leftists in Annapolis don't like him.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Spent shell casing..how didn't this hold up the sale of a pistol in MD? Still Same waiting period etc.

Also what is a ccw in MD....pretty much unobtainable. nothing really gained there by most

Nothing really gained at all as I'm still paying rain tax also.

Your move ....

And another one fails to recognize an infringement when they see it.

FYI...

• Shell casing requirement caused added expense to the purchase of every new handgun in the state. And caused various out of state retailers to stop selling to Maryland residents. Infringement GONE.

• While difficult to obtain, 14,642 people in Maryland would disagree with your CCW assessment. Infringement GONE.
    http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm

Checkmate.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And another one fails to recognize an infringement when they see it.

FYI...

• Shell casing requirement caused added expense to the purchase of every new handgun in the state. And caused various out of state retailers to stop selling to Maryland residents. Infringement GONE.

While difficult to obtain, 14,642 people in Maryland would disagree with your CCW assessment. Infringement GONE.
    http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm

Checkmate.

It is actually closer to 27,000 once you remove the PIs, security guards and others who need a carry permit for their job from the 56,000 +/- carry permit holders in Maryland.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    well then he needs to grow a pair and make a decision politics be damned - tired of hearing excuses for him because he's looking forward to the next election,he had a bout with cancer, yadayadayada.... just another puppet enjoying the benefits of being governor .

Obviously, he made a decision. He decided he didn't care for Trump's politics, and wasn't going to support him.

While I might not agree with him, I'll defend his right to his opinion. Given that it might flash back in his face if Trump wins, I suspect his pair is intact, and he'll face whatever rebounds onto him because he has the courage of his convictions.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015

+1. Hogan is either a Republican or he is not. If he is a Republican he should be endorsing Trump and he should be attending the convention.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    +1. Hogan is either a Republican or he is not. If he is a Republican he should be endorsing Trump and he should be attending the convention.

I whole-heartedly support Hogan and have since the beginning...but you make one damn good point here. I agree...

Obviously, he made a decision. He decided he didn't care for Trump's politics, and wasn't going to support him.

While I might not agree with him, I'll defend his right to his opinion. Given that it might flash back in his face if Trump wins, I suspect his pair is intact, and he'll face whatever rebounds onto him because he has the courage of his convictions.

If Hogan has "courage of conviction" that would indicate he is anti 2A. Because he certainly hasn't shown he has any will (or balls) to publicly state his position otherwise..

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    How come there aren't 100 people willing to conceal carry without a permit and then be arrested? If the 2A is truly a civil right, why aren't hundreds of people in the state rallying to overturn it? As far as concealed carry in the state, I do not see it changing. In light of the Orlando attacks, look to see Maryland enact more stringent gun laws. I smell an all out ban on the AR15.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    I'm pretty sure of two things:

If Hogan runs for a second term, I will vote for him.

I will die in Maryland without ever getting a Maryland carry permit.

I didn't vote for him the first time.... I am 75% sure that I will vote for him if he runs for reelection. I met him twice and he seems very honest and he appears to love the people of Maryland. I did not like his position on the redline in Baltimore and there are a handful of policies that I think he is wrong on but the majority of his term so far has exceeded my expectations. So far, he is doing a good job and I think he is earning a 2nd term. He has a hard way to go because of the majority DEM in the State. That is not easy to overcome.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    How come there aren't 100 people willing to conceal carry without a permit and then be arrested? If the 2A is truly a civil right, why aren't hundreds of people in the state rallying to overturn it? As far as concealed carry in the state, I do not see it changing. In light of the Orlando attacks, look to see Maryland enact more stringent gun laws. I smell an all out ban on the AR15.

There are way more than a 100 carrying without a permit. They all live in Baltimore city and most are forbidden from owing a gun.

I agree that there are those that believe banning the AR15 is the cure all. Just means the next radical islamist will be using a mini 14.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    There are way more than a 100 carrying without a permit. They all live in Baltimore city and most are forbidden from owing a gun.

I agree that there are those that believe banning the AR15 is the cure all. Just means the next radical islamist will be using a mini 14.

True.. but the people carrying illegal anywhere are not advocating to carry legally. My uncle marched in protests and was beaten and had dogs set on him for civil rights for blacks in America during the 60's. He was arrested dozens of times because of how strongly he believed in civil rights. 2A is a civil right. How many of us are willing to go all the way to get it? That's all I was saying.

As for the Ar15... it's the devil and will be the ban it will be the rally cry of politicians for years to come until it is gone. Clinton already praises the gun ban in Australia so look for that to be on her agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom