• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    My advice to the Gov given the pattern is to run, not walk, run from this community. I hope he does not do that. But if my paycheck depended on keeping him out of trouble that's my advice..

Now its no secret pols lie, but there is no reason to assume he is only lieing to US.

At this point I really no longer care..

Yup.

Have we caused him more headache then not so far?

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Far more agreeable. The dominos are falling on them though. CCW among the masses being allowed in Chicago? DC being forced to issue permits? That would be blasphemy to even think of less than a decade ago. How long before NYC is next?

Not sure how long NYC can hold out. It is apparent that CCW is getting to the urban centers, but only after lots of $$ being put into lawsuits. The powers that be are not going quietly.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Wow. For "pro-2A guys" I hope there is more to their plan than just eliminating the annoyance of the single shot live fire, and getting the MSP to uniformly apply the draconian anti-gun purchase laws already on the books. :rolleyes:

there are so many things that the governor and super can do for gun rights under the current law.

im not going to list them here because, they've already been listed, if you were more involved you would know them by heart, and wapo has starting calling people and asking questions again. that means they are watching here too.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It was just a couple ideas. The big changes have to be made through the legislature.

Not busting your chops, just being sarcastic. Almost anything positive is good, and a start, but I am an advocate and there is much to be done. My dog is easily satisfied by an occasional bone, but I give her more and I expect more. Until proven otherwise I remain optimistic, but I will find out whether that optimism is warranted or not.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    there are also certain things i dont want changed, until after kolbe is heard in the 4th circuit and a decision is reached. that includes the first part, challenging the hql which is on hold until after the rifle and mag ban portion of the lawsuit is settled.

we want the law to remain as f'd up as possible when it hits the judge's desk.

Dec 31, 2012
    It was just a couple ideas. The big changes have to be made through the legislature.

Maryland legislature isn't going to touch gun rights. The bills will die in conference or if they actually make it further then they will be voted down on the floor. All the political savvy people are ascribing to Hogan also applies to the GA. They aren't going to cut their own throats anymore than Hogan will.

Dundalk flipped its representatives but the majority of the state held the status quo for the GA and those representatives are going to do what they've always done.

This whole issue will eventually be decided in the courts and not among the politicians or among us.

Mr H

Banana'd
    there are so many things that the governor and super can do for gun rights under the current law.

im not going to list them here because, they've already been listed, if you were more involved you would know them by heart, and wapo has starting calling people and asking questions again. that means they are watching here too.

100% on point. Thanks.

I think I need to be done with the subject, before I get upset.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Heaven forbid. Let's all run back under a rock for fear "they" might be watching.

Can we get through the confirmations and gun bill day first, maybe even sine die? lets not help the opposition do their research.

trust me, im not a quiet person, and i have the ability and a plan to be really loud when the time comes. everyone is invited to come along.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Can we get through the confirmations and gun bill day first, maybe even sine die? lets not help the opposition do their research.

trust me, im not a quiet person, and i have the ability and a plan to be really loud when the time comes.

According to prevailing wisdom amongst some here, what transpires here makes no difference right? Or is it that it's only the negative things that happens that's the forum's fault?

I guess I'm confused?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    According to prevailing wisdom amongst some here, what transpires here makes no difference right? Or is it that it's only the negative things that happens that's the forum's fault?

I guess I'm confused?

It's amusing how many people actually believe the legislative or especially the legal process is all cloak and dagger.. shhhhh.. :lol2:
    The most poignant point in all of this http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3669954&postcount=293, that the CCW issue is of ZERO political capital to Hogan. As far as gun rights, I do think he's sincere at vetoing any crap the Dems throw at him for more gun laws. In that sense, yes he is on gun owners side, not creating more laws to make it tougher. He danced around the question, and to believe he is actually busy cooking up a grand scheme to get CCW any easier, well God bless you all. The shall issue states do all tend to be lower income and education per capita. We are blessed being saved by the brightest and wealthiest.. :lol2:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

I was being sarcastic. Rest assured I am involved, and I know all about them, and so does anyone else on either side of the issue/debate, or that reports on it. If they were closely held secrets no one would have ever mentioned them on this forum in the first place, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of the forum. The more that are well informed the better.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I was being sarcastic. Rest assured I am involved, and I know all about them, and so does anyone else on either side of the issue/debate, or that reports on it. If they were closely held secrets no one would have ever mentioned them on this forum in the first place, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of the forum. The more that are well informed the better.

nah….we should stop talking about anything for the fear that "those in the know" might have the "secret plans" disrupted.

Jim Purtilo tried that "secret plan" strategy and we see how that worked for him.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I was being sarcastic. Rest assured I am involved, and I know all about them, and so does anyone else on either side of the issue/debate, or that reports on it. If they were closely held secrets no one would have ever mentioned them on this forums in the first place, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of the forum. The more that are well informed the better.

That Perry Mason crap where the SURPRISE WITNESS walks in , is all TV. We like to ridicule gun grabbers having no knowledge of the subject, but how much of it is just simple misdirection for public consumption. They can all read, and are educated how to learn. If they take a position against anything gun related they are not going to echo facts that hurt them. To honestly believe they are naive to the extent some believe, you may be being played.

Dec 31, 2012
    for those who don't know the handshake yet

Attachments

• handshake.jpg
      handshake.jpg
      9.6 KB · Views: 270

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Secret handshake? Decoder rings? Didn't know about them. Now I really feel like a 2A leper :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom