• ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Gun grabbers wet dream act.....

From a DSSA email:

On Thursday, November 30, 2023, four far-left gun-hating United States Senators gave President Biden a huge Christmas gift – a new federal ban on our rights.

Senators Heinrick (D-NM), King (I-ME), Kelly (D-AZ) and Benet (D-CO) introduced what they are calling the GOSAFE Act.

"GOSAFE” stands for:

Gas Operated Semi-Automatic Firearm Exclusion” Act.

The GOSAFE Act goes far beyond any prior bans on guns and magazines ever before proposed.

GOSAFE gives BATFE and the Attorney General unfettered blanket authority to ban every gas operated semi-automatic rifle and pistol ever made anywhere in the world – that’s right!

GOSAFE gives unelected federal bureaucrats who already hate guns and America’s gun owners blanket authority to ban ALL gas operated rifles and pistols.

GOSAFE also bans all magazines of more than 10 rounds.

NRA-ILA has already begun its fight against GOSAFE and will continue to fight GOSAFE until it is either defeated in Congress or overturned in the courts. And that’s where we come in.

DSSA’s suit against Governor Carney’s ban on semi-automatic firearms and standard capacity magazines is now pending in the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Oral arguments have been scheduled and DSSA’s case should result in a decision by the Third Circuit in the not-too-distant future. And then, without a doubt, it’s on to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Because of the GOSAFE Act, DSSA’s suit in the Third Circuit is now center stage in the national fight for firearm freedom.

What happens in our case in the Third Circuit will greatly impact what happens with GOSAFE, both in Congress and later in the courts should it pass.

As usual, your DSSA is leading the national fight for firearm freedom! You should be proud, and you should be both supportive and engaged.

A win by DSSA in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals will go a long way toward killing GOSAFE – it’s that simple.

But the fight is far from over – here’s what YOU need to do.

CALL TO ACTION

Call, write, text or email Senators Coons and Carper and tell them to vote “NO” on the GOSAFE Act.
    Call, write, text or email Congresswoman Blunt-Rochester and tell her to vote “No” on the GOSAFE Act.

AND THEN

Tell your family, friends and neighbors to join you in supporting DSSA in our fight to defeat Carney’s gun bans in the federal and state courts.
    Tell them that the best way to defeat GOSAFE is to defeat Carney’s gun bans in the Third Circuit – and set a precedent for freedom nation-wide.
    Tell your family, friends and neighbors to dig deep and contribute to DSSA’s Civil Rights Defense Fund – Freedom is not free – and every little bit helps!

AND THEN

Tell them they can contribute here.

DONATE TO DSSA

Bill text:

Endorsements:
    The GOSAFE Act is endorsed by Everytown for Gun Safety; Giffords, Brady: United Against Gun Violence; March Fourth; March for our Lives; New Mexicans to Prevent Gun Violence; Harold Medina, Chief of Police, Albuquerque Police Department; Kim Stewart, Sheriff, Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Department; Elisa Bequeria, Superintendent, Lake Arthur Schools; New Mexico Coalition Against Domestic Violence; Rio Grande Alcohol Treatment Program; New Mexico Voices for Children; Patrick Nolan, School Board Member, Las Cruces Public Schools; and Taos Alive.

Outline:

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Whew! Good to know my roller-delayed blowback G3 clones in 7.62 Freedom and 7.62 commie are good to go... :innocent0

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    “GOSAFE” hahaha …

Obviously, LARGE quantities of only THE HIGHEST grade cocaine are being consumed by Congress critters pulling all-nighters coming up with acronyms, such as this.

Why, let’s be honest - THE ACRONYMS MEAN MORE to these pos than any text within the actual legislation!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    F all of these tyrants. I will not comply with unconstitutional laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cool ! Maxim's , Vickers , and Browning M17 , 19 , etc will be good to go now .

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland

Ian McCollum (aka “Gun Jesus”) is of the opinion it would ban ALL semiautomatic guns. Rolled-delayed, DI, piston, blowback…all of it GONE.

Georges2nd

Aug 30, 2022
    Upper marlboro
    this is epic portion of stupidity in America. I can see Thomas Jefferson head in the hole in ground of shameness of who we are.We need to change by our vote for the right people in office.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Posturing. No chance in House or Senate.

Cross King and Golden off the (very short) list of non-republicans who sometimes failed to fall in line with the left on gun control.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Posturing. No chance in House or Senate.

Cross King and Golden off the (very short) list of non-republicans who sometimes failed to fall in line with the left on gun control.

These folks are totally out of line with the feelings of most Americans, and the coming election year will make that even morobvious.

Ever since the Summer of Mostly Peaceful, the country has been arming itself at an increasing rate, and most state legislatures have taken notice. What are we now, 26 states with Constitutional Carry, up from one(VT)?

The pro-BGOS states are the only holdouts, and they're in a tizzy because the courts are kicking them where it hurts. The more the push against SCOTUS, the worse it will be for them down the road.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Ever since the Summer of Mostly Peaceful, the country has been arming itself at an increasing rate,

I worry that many of the people who are first time buyers don't realize that they are voting to take away the arms they just purchased or severely limit their rights in other ways.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I worry that many of the people who are first time buyers don't realize that they are voting to take away the arms they just purchased or severely limit their rights in other ways.

The Pro-2A community must provide the awareness. (Sometimes it seems that even those in favor are pathetically uninformed).

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    The Pro-2A community must provide the awareness. (Sometimes it seems that even those in favor are pathetically uninformed).

Agree. And in this state, that's a challenge. I'm amazed at what I'll call cocktail party conversation I've witnessed regarding 2A issues. The people who claim the most to be open minded and tolerant tend to be anything but.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Agree. And in this state, that's a challenge. I'm amazed at what I'll call cocktail party conversation I've witnessed regarding 2A issues. The people who claim the most to be open minded and tolerant tend to be anything but.
    That's due to their "Common Sense."

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    The funny thing is the first time buyers know will probably be the last to want to give them up. They are now buying for strictly self defense reasons. As we see the most sales in history lately.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    These folks are totally out of line with the feelings of most Americans, and the coming election year will make that even morobvious.

Ever since the Summer of Mostly Peaceful, the country has been arming itself at an increasing rate, and most state legislatures have taken notice. What are we now, 26 states with Constitutional Carry, up from one(VT)?

The pro-BGOS states are the only holdouts, and they're in a tizzy because the courts are kicking them where it hurts. The more the push against SCOTUS, the worse it will be for them down the road.
    You're correct. I really hope they keep pushing this crap up until the election. The more people that see unchecked violence that happens in their communities, the more they will be against this sort of thing as they realize that nobody else is going to protect them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom