Google to block gun ads starting in September (2014)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Just for emphasis.........

I'm gonna' say it again..... :)

Lots of very good reasons to use "DuckDuckGo" as opposed to Google...... with personal privacy being one of the better.

Read all about it HERE

Don't just bitch about Google..... do sumpin' about it:

Stop using Google search entirely and switch to using "DuckDuckGo" :)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Google already drives me crazy while driving because I have a company Shell gas card and apparently, Shell does not advertise on Google, so the search results are skewed against Shell stations.

As other say, in the long run, its a stupid business move on Google's part, in the end all it will be is an opportunity for their competition. No one has the market on information that cornered.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    And the answer is ...

Wonder how well it will work.

Or even if it will effect search results ..

That's my concern. Blocking ads is one thing, but messing with search results is quite another.

Disputed Territories

A different worldview, brought to you by Google maps

In a hackathon sponsored by the Knight-Mozilla OpenNews project this past weekend, information about Google's geographic capitulation revealed that maps for disputed territories look different depending on what country you're in when you search for them (Quartz). For example, the borders of the Kashmir region very depending on whether you search from India, Pakistan, or the United States, according to a web page documenting the hackathon's findings. A spokeswoman for Google told Quartz that: "Google Maps makes every effort to depict disputed regions and features objectively," but noted that certain jurisdictions have local laws regarding mapping that Google must follow.

I wonder what our southwestern border looks like when viewed from Mexico City, or the Alusian Island chain from Mother Russia ?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    google_evil-23.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Duckduckgo....
    Just checked it out and I'm sold.. no more giggle.
    I setup Pale Moon this morning and it uses the DDG search.. been running it all day and I love it.. really no different in appearance or function to FF, but I had a few issues with FF, so... Cya Google in as many ways as I can... no, use an iphone.. lol

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I setup Pale Moon this morning and it uses the DDG search.. been running it all day and I love it.. really no different in appearance or function to FF, but I had a few issues with FF, so... Cya Google in as many ways as I can... no, use an iphone.. lol
    That said, my tracking blocker is blocking Google analytics as I type using Pale Moon... LOL

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I switched to Startpage.com years ago after learning of the scope of Google's data mining. It's run by Ixquick (which someone else mentioned), but uses the Google search engine without giving Google your IP address. It also includes a proxy link in the search results so you can pull up the page with some degree of anonymity.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    I'm switching browsers and email. Does Microsoft have the same anti 2A stance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom