• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Not to pick apart all you threads but buying a used gun from someone like FPS or Justin on here is a no brainer.

If it's advertised as Like new and Not Fired by a reputable member here then you are just saving money on the item, tax, and backround check.

I've bought a Saiga from FPS...it was as advertised and like new in non fired condition.

The other MP40 I bought from another member again was a safe queen that was never fired...saved abotu 100 bucks on that deal.

Guns are like cars..they take a hit as soon as they leave the lot. Nothing wrong with picking up a used non abused firearm.

This.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    how about getting yourself a rifle? if you have an 870 why bother with another shot gun? get a rifle; a mini, hbar, or something even bigger like an ar10, or m1 or something?

Big_Leo

May 8, 2011
    What is it that your current 870 won't/ can'( do for you now ? You less there is somthing specific need not yet mentioned , you can consider your tactical shotgun box already checked off.

With $1K burning a hole in your pocket , you shout be able to get a non-regulated AR. Or wide selection of rifles of all flavors.

I agree with the AR suggestion. start with a basic, no bells/whistles and add on to the platform as your little heart desires. also, if you don't like a certain add-on, post it in the classifieds and someone else will buy it from you.

Big_Leo

May 8, 2011
    Not to pick apart all you threads but buying a used gun from someone like FPS or Justin on here is a no brainer.

If it's advertised as Like new and Not Fired by a reputable member here then you are just saving money on the item, tax, and backround check.

I've bought a Saiga from FPS...it was as advertised and like new in non fired condition.

The other MP40 I bought from another member again was a safe queen that was never fired...saved abotu 100 bucks on that deal.

Guns are like cars..they take a hit as soon as they leave the lot. Nothing wrong with picking up a used non abused firearm.

does fps have a like new/lightly used 22. looking for a plinker to shoot army men with. (not the green ones tho. they're the good guys.)

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    what purpose do you want a Tac Shotty?? Competition, HD, or for HaHa's?

I think the 870 is a great shotgun!!! I've got 7-8 of them, can'thave enough. why not put all the bells and whitles on it

-extended mags
    -tac forarm
    -lights/laser
    -etc etc
    -ghost sights

Unless you just want to have another I think you've got a nice shotgun there!!

this, and you will save some money. remember, one is none and two is one.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    weezy102 said:
    I have some extra money, I have an 870 with collapsable stock already. So any ideas? I'm open to non shotguns as well, I'm 19 so no pistols yet

M590a1, or the commercial M590 SPX, the only pump shotgun that can lay claim to being used currently by the US military.

If this doesn't look real tac enough to you, I don't know what would...

Attachments

• image-4041140615.jpg
      image-4041140615.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 164

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Tactical shotgun?????

Local gunshow find - $210 OTD!!!

Rem870Wingmaster-rightsmall.jpg

Rem870Wingmaster-leftsmall.jpg

1980 870 Wingmaster w/20" cyl choked barrel.
    So pristine, the carrier assembly didn't have a mark on the underside.
    This was a consignment sale. The original owner passed away, and the man's widow wanted to sell it.
    (I called Remington, and the nice lady there looked up the serial number for me, and said that it left the factory in that configuration, and that was considered to be a "Police" 870.)

The ONLY thing that I've done to this, is to add a Wilson's +2 magazine extension, plus, I put an 18-1/2" (imp. cyl. choke) barrel on it. I was offered $150.00 for the 20" barrel. Sold it!
    The only 'downside' to this shotgun is the fact that it is not a 'magnum' receiver. (Not really a downside. I don't need 3" shells to do what's necessary!!!)

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Tactical shotgun?????

Local gunshow find - $210 OTD!!!

Rem870Wingmaster-rightsmall.jpg

Rem870Wingmaster-leftsmall.jpg

1980 870 Wingmaster w/20" cyl choked barrel.
    So pristine, the carrier assembly didn't have a mark on the underside.
    This was a consignment sale. The original owner passed away, and the man's widow wanted to sell it.
    (I called Remington, and the nice lady there looked up the serial number for me, and said that it left the factory in that configuration, and that was considered to be a "Police" 870.)

The ONLY thing that I've done to this, is to add a Wilson's +2 magazine extension, plus, I put an 18-1/2" (imp. cyl. choke) barrel on it. I was offered $150.00 for the 20" barrel. Sold it!
    The only 'downside' to this shotgun is the fact that it is not a 'magnum' receiver. (Not really a downside. I don't need 3" shells to do what's necessary!!!)

I've often thought that something like this makes sence as a HD gun... if for no other reason than it looks less "evil" (and you look like less of a "gun nut") to a misinformed prosecutor and/or jury in the event that you should be forced to use it.

dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010
    Another vote for the Mossy 930 SPX regular grip. $675 or so, reliable and GTG out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom