• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weezy102

Apr 20, 2012
    I have some extra money, I have an 870 with collapsable stock already. So any ideas? I'm open to non shotguns as well, I'm 19 so no pistols yet

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Mossberg 930 SPX. Semi auto, 12 gauge, 9 rounds, pistol grip stock, I've seen them for around 650.

weezy102

Apr 20, 2012
    Damn Jed195 I like it.

Jawn have you ever shot a benelli?

Mopar92 M1 garands are nice, expensive but nice.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Under a grand...that's a lot for a shotgun.

What do you want it for? Just to blast? Get another 870 if so.

Just to have a "cool" gun...get a Spas or build up a Saiga 12.

Want something to compete with...get a FN SLP.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    what purpose do you want a Tac Shotty?? Competition, HD, or for HaHa's?

I think the 870 is a great shotgun!!! I've got 7-8 of them, can'thave enough. why not put all the bells and whitles on it

-extended mags
    -tac forarm
    -lights/laser
    -etc etc
    -ghost sights

Unless you just want to have another I think you've got a nice shotgun there!!

weezy102

Apr 20, 2012
    Just a tac shotgun something cool, have a collapsable stock on it now, pistol grip forearm, and extended mag tube. Should I go to shows for lasers/lights, and ghost sights?

weezy102

Apr 20, 2012
    Oh and fivepointstar I saw your gun for sale, I like it just don't buy use guns in general mostly. It is nice though, my 870 looks similar.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Oh and fivepointstar I saw your gun for sale, I like it just don't buy use guns in general mostly. It is nice though, my 870 looks similar.

Not to pick apart all you threads but buying a used gun from someone like FPS or Justin on here is a no brainer.

If it's advertised as Like new and Not Fired by a reputable member here then you are just saving money on the item, tax, and backround check.

I've bought a Saiga from FPS...it was as advertised and like new in non fired condition.

The other MP40 I bought from another member again was a safe queen that was never fired...saved abotu 100 bucks on that deal.

Guns are like cars..they take a hit as soon as they leave the lot. Nothing wrong with picking up a used non abused firearm.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    oh ya.....thats one of those "I gotta have one of those" shotguns. how much where they?

Not sure, but I think it was around a grand. I bet they come down as supply increases and the novelty wears off. I still have the over-under maverick too. That's a cool "tacticool" shotgun.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Not sure, but I think it was around a grand. I bet they come down as supply increases and the novelty wears off. I still have the over-under maverick too. That's a cool "tacticool" shotgun.

I was eyeing those OU's but then I thought when SHTF i'll probably grabbing my Glock, AK or my Sub2000. If you see a zombie....there's probably 100's more behind him :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What is it that your current 870 won't/ can'( do for you now ? You less there is somthing specific need not yet mentioned , you can consider your tactical shotgun box already checked off.

With $1K burning a hole in your pocket , you shout be able to get a non-regulated AR. Or wide selection of rifles of all flavors.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not sure, but I think it was around a grand. I bet they come down as supply increases and the novelty wears off.
    Yeah, that's what everyone hoped for with the RFB, too... I imagine I'll pick up a KSG someday, but it's not going to be this year, or possibly next.

As for the OP, the 930SPX suggestion is quite good. Make sure to get the one without the pistol grip - Mossberg's safety doesn't work well with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom