• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Yes, I am told that you shoot the adult doe, her 2 fawns have no clue what is going on, and will even come in to the momma laying on the ground. I could have shot 2 last season, but I was too excited and forgot about the fawns thing, and the fawn that was with her jumped up and spooked up as I ran over to the doe.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Well I didn't go out yesterday morning, but, I did go yesterday afternoon. Sat in a nice little spot on the ground and had a Deer of some kind walk by at 25 yards about 3:30 and then at 4PM I had two Does and two Fawns about 30 yards. No shots offered because it is so thick in there. Last Deer was a Fawn on the field at 5PM. Neither Winds or Moon keep the Deer from roaming.

With any luck today will be a much better hunt. I'm going back to the same spot as well. It's just so thick in there you can not hear with the winds blowing the way they were and the Deer are right on top of you before you know they are there. We'll see how this evening goes.

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    Last night's take, the Ultra barks again!

Shot these two at 1645 near Leonardtown in St. Mary's Co.

Attachments

• doubledoe.jpg
      doubledoe.jpg
      56.2 KB · Views: 230

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I sat all day yesterday and saw 2 yearlings walk between my stand and the house around 430, offering no shot that didn't have the house behind it. Saw nothing this morning. Getting ready to head back out for this afternoon. Fingers crossed. Also it has been cold and windy up here.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I hunted again this morning and saw nothing but tree rodents. I'm borrowing a buddies xbow and this is only my 3rd time at this. So I change the arrows and discharge the target arrow to uncock the bow. I also take careful aim right next to a stick so I can see how accurate the thing is. Then I feel this horrible pain in my left thumb,:wtf::tdown: OMG it hurts!!!! I forgot to not have my thumb on top were the string flies by at 1 million miles per hour to send off the arrow. I basically smashed my thumb fromthe last nuckle to the end. It hurts like hell and it's turning black and blue.

After 3 tries at that site I decided I need to move the stand to the far end of the property. This puts me at 150 yards from and house. My FIL also checked with the nieghbor and he said no problem. I'm going to use the gun now as long as it's gun season. I'll go back to the xbow when gun season is over. So far this deer hunting sucks even more than waterfowl hunting, for me anyway.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    The wind was brutal yesterday in dorchester county. 3 of us went out and all 3 got deer. A nice whitetail buck, a small sike stag and Hind all on the same property.

here's the Buck I put a good friend on.

65116_10151152044675143_411955538_n.jpg

here's A stag I shot and my brothers hind, He's not the biggest but he will sure eat good.

IMG951170.jpg

here I am out for a stroll. My brother made the comment it's not a hunting rifle so I of course had to prove him wrong.

IMG951164.jpg

We all saw lots of deer, Just have to know where and how to hunt them in the wind. Yesterday everyone listened to me and this was the outcome.

Then I feel this horrible pain in my left thumb,:wtf::tdown: OMG it hurts!!!! I forgot to not have my thumb on top were the string flies by at 1 million miles per hour to send off the arrow. I basically smashed my thumb fromthe last nuckle to the end.
    You are lucky the string did not lop off the top of your thumb. It's happened.
    After 3 tries at that site I decided I need to move the stand to the far end of the property. This puts me at 150 yards from and house. My FIL also checked with the nieghbor and he said no problem. I'm going to use the gun now as long as it's gun season.
    Unless you hunt in Carol or Frederick Counties, the minimum distance from an occupied structure is 150 yards for bows and crossbows too. Not just guns. In those two counties it is 50 yards.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Got a good sized doe right at sundown. Going out again in the morning. Hoping for 4 or 5 more for the freezer. The doe tonight makes 4 this year.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    You are lucky the string did not lop off the top of your thumb. It's happened.

Unless you hunt in Carol or Frederick Counties, the minimum distance from an occupied structure is 150 yards for bows and crossbows too. Not just guns. In those two counties it is 50 yards.

I think the leather gloves is what saved me. Good thing it was cold enough to wear gloves.

thanks for the heads up.

CEK

Oct 7, 2012
    Shot a nice 9 point in Baltimore county yesterday. 200lb live weight. Told he is 130 class getting this one mounted. 40 yards 870 iron sights 3" federal 1-1/4 oz slug DRT. My biggest yet in 24 years of hunting.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I have two hanging in my cooler, neither of which are mine. :rolleyes:

I've spent as much time "helping" others learn to field dress and skin their as I have hunting for my own. My priorities may be a little out of wack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom