• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    behind your house?? congrats man!

Thank you.

Yep, that deer alley lives up to it's name. That buck was following about 6 or 7 does and a spike.

Hunting on my property isn't a real big ordeal, they stay about 45 yards out from the house. :D

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Got this guy this morning. 6 pointer, maybe not the biggest some have gotten, but that's my best so far.

Clean (high angle) lung shot, heart is undamaged - should be good eating.

Nice deer, feels good to shoot your biggest doesn't it?

Speaking of a lung shot I blew out a piece of lung today LOL. Pic below...

468a1b777c12af1e9cc2437de7c0b2c6.jpg

Weirdest thing today, my uncle shot a deer @ 7am and went to gut @ 9am, when he got there the tail, butthole and tip of the penis was eaten. I saw some foxes run around this morning, maybe it was them?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, that one is the biggest (for me) so far, but there's still time to improve upon that.

I got mine at about 9:20 this morning, buzzards were trying to move in on it shortly after, they got an eye and the ass out before I got back to it to get it into my truck. Damn buzzards.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Thank you.

Yep, that deer alley lives up to it's name. That buck was following about 6 or 7 does and a spike.

Hunting on my property isn't a real big ordeal, they stay about 45 yards out from the house. :D

cool man! I bet it fed on my corn I put out last season!:lol2: damn buzzards...moving in quick.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    cool man! I bet it fed on my corn I put out last season!:lol2: damn buzzards...moving in quick.

It probably did!! He was a decent size, at least to me anyways.

Them buzzards are going to get something if they keep hanging around trying to steal my deer meat... :innocent0

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Saw 4 doe, and 1 small buck, but couldn't get a shot. Didn't see anything this afternoon though.

Hopefully they come back tomorrow morning, and it's less windy!

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I went out again this afternoon but didn't see anything but a Fox just after I took the arrow out of the xbow. Yes I'm bow hunting because of location.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Parked truck, started into woods at 7. By 7:30 I was dragging a 7 point back. Scrub rack, but my freezer don't mind. Gonna head to eastern MD and eliminate a few. :party29: :D

Jeff and others:

Nice kills!! Congrats!!

shanewolfe

Sep 4, 2011
    Odenton, MD
    I didn't go out today. Had a bunch of family stuff going on this week. I did make it up to Dan's Mountain (pretty much our back-yard when I was growing up) to scope out some fur-trapping. I got a huge grey squirrel in the freezer on Wednesday while I was up there.

We came home today and saw a ton of trucks parked along the side of the road near Green Ridge on the way back east.

I'm going to head out to Pax. River State Park during the week. I hope there are less folks out. No rifle there, so I'll be using blackpowder and round-balls.

I think that's pretty good, getting two shots off before the others took off. If you can go 5 for 5, then I want to hang out with you!!!
    It's not that unusual, I've done with a muzzleloader. Deer don't know what a gun blast is, so the others stand around looking confused. Often they'll go back to feeding. If the shot deer runs, it does so with it's tail down, so it's not flagging and the others think nothing of it.

In my case, the third deer of the group got the idea it was time to leave.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Congrats to all those who bagged a deer! Really windy today, saw 2 spikes and 2 does, passed on taking them. Also saw a bunch of turkeys, could have easily shot a nice tom if it had been legal and in season where I hunt.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I think that's pretty good, getting two shots off before the others took off. If you can go 5 for 5, then I want to hang out with you!!!

You shoot the big ones first, the small ones dont know whats going on ;)

My neighbor has gone 3 for 3 twice!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom