• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockfather

May 14, 2012
    Odenton, MD
    I have not tested them yet but because of all the negative feedback about rail mounted lights Glock has they're own line of lights for around $200.bucks

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Just get a laser and call it a day. Just don't miss with any type of light or laser it's a death sentence when you give up your cover......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I use a surefire light on my glocks. These secure snug without pinching the the rails so much that it prevents it from flexing. The combo has been reliable so far. I avoid the TLR on glocks as it is very rigid and prevents the frame from flexing.

I do notice a slight POI change when a tac light is attached.

Attachments

• touristkit.jpg
      touristkit.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 81

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Lights mounted on guns are such a bad idea.
    Unless you are a tunnel rat or point man on an entry team (with a pistol) please just get some training...

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I use a surefire light on my glocks. These secure snug without pinching the the rails so much that it prevents it from flexing. The combo has been reliable so far. I avoid the TLR on glocks as it is very rigid and prevents the frame from flexing.

I do notice a slight POI change when a tac light is attached.
    This is just an awesome pic!! Good photography work!:thumbsup:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Why do you want to put a light on it anyway?

A light helps you identify your target and can be a very advantageous tool for a HD handgun, if proper training and use is practiced. Yes you can use a handheld flashlight, but the weapon mounted ones are more convenient due to it being attached to your firearm and also keeps your support hand free. Disclaimer, you don't just turn on the light and walk around looking for a subject/suspect either.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    A light helps you identify your target and can be a very advantageous tool for a HD handgun, if proper training and use is practiced. Yes you can use a handheld flashlight, but the weapon mounted ones are more convenient due to it being attached to your firearm and also keeps your support hand free. Disclaimer, you don't just turn on the light and walk around looking for a subject/suspect either.
    My insight m3x actually has the ability to turn the light on and off instantly when flipping the switch up. Sort of like a here I am, no wait here I am approach.:thumbsup:

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008

I'm tracking what you're saying here but I still believe that for most applications a handheld light is a better option.
    I hate the idea of people pointing their gun and whatever just went bump in the night.
    With a bright handheld I can maintain muzzle discipline and still light up the corners and crevasses.
    I'm a believer that everyone should practice both strong and weak handed shooting and should be able to deploy a light without having to muzzle their wife, kids, dog, etc...

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I'm tracking what you're saying here but I still believe that for most applications a handheld light is a better option.
    I hate the idea of people pointing their gun and whatever just went bump in the night.
    With a bright handheld I can maintain muzzle discipline and still light up the corners and crevasses.
    I'm a believer that everyone should practice both strong and weak handed shooting and should be able to deploy a light without having to muzzle their wife, kids, dog, etc...
    No one ever said you can't have a handheld light in the other hand when identifying. I am all for that. Two lights might be better than one.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom