• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    So I was at the range today shooting my glock and after one of the shots all the rounds fall out of the bottom of the mag as it is still in the gun.
    I had to look a bit to find it but the end cap flew off and everything(spring and follower) including the cartridges just falls out.

Has anyone had this or heard of this problem before? The cap does of some damage from failing but now that much.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have never seen it on Glock but have on other brand guns. Was the floor plate ever removed prior to this incident?

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Not that way, but I had an original gen 2 mag crack/blow out after about 20 some years.

Called Glock and was kinda laughed at for using mags that old.
    They explained mags are different material than frame.
    They sent me 2 new u back design free.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I dont believe so but I have had it for at least 10 years so it is possible, but not anytime recently.
    It's hard to tell from the pics but the tabs on the sides of the floor plate look damaged. New floor plates are super cheap or even better yet maybe throw a plus two on while the mag is disassembled.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    It is a gen 2 mag. My Glock is a gen 2, Maybe I will give glock a call and see if I can peel 2 new mags from them. I believe the plate got damaged from coming apart

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    It's hard to tell from the pics but the tabs on the sides of the floor plate look damaged. New floor plates are super cheap or even better yet maybe throw a plus two on while the mag is disassembled.

where can I get the plus 2 conversion from? Called glock and they pretty much could give 2 shits that it happened

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The Gen 3 Glock was introduced in 1998/1999. That magazine is at least 18 years old, old enough to buy a gun by itself. I'm amazed it lasted that long, I've replaced 3 this year alone (1 was a total literal loss) turns out reloading while moving at full speed has a chance of essentially dropkicking a half empty magazine over 40 feet (according to eyewitnesses).
    It's $25-30 just buy another.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Mags are deposible items. If competing they get thrown on all types of surfaces and situations. Most IDPA competitors take over a dozen to the match for two reasons. One is you load before you go and if one malfunctions you have extras.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have dropped a full Glock mag on the deck with a Plus 2 non Glock floor plate and the bottom came right off and all the rounds went crazy.... No problems ever with a factory mag.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Per Glock the magazine has a one year warranty. I called years ago about a Gen 2 that failed. I left it loaded for a year an it cracked down the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom