• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I agree with everyone in this thread. I've had a Glock 23 Gen 3 for about 6 years and I love the size and feel of it but I wish I had gotten the 9mm instead. Its just to expensive to feed and the whole arguement of the lone wolf barrel is cool for range use, but I have one and its not as reliable as the factory barrel.

I dont care about how effective the .40 is, I have thousands of rounds of 9mm stocked up because its so easy to come by and if my glock was 9mm I would shoot it alot more and that would benefit me much more. I also would love to be able to go to a range and bring my glock and my carbine and shoot them both without having to carry multiple types of ammo.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Since the glock has fixed sights does anyone know what bullet weight and velocity it is set for and what range?

What is the best place to find a 19 and parts for it?

Arrow and Bullet in Hagerstown has 3rd gen Glock 19's for $566 out the door...new...2 mags.

That is my new go to spot for ANY of my gun purchases...new or used.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Keepshooting has them listed for about $506. I went to frieds tonignt and asked them if they could price match or at least be in the same balpark. If they did match the price i was going to buy one tonight. But i had little to worry about they wouldnt come down anyplace close..

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Get the 19... Screw the 23

This is likely the most reliable combat handgun ever made. It is correct in proportion, balance, weight and controllability.

I have the 23, and my girlfriend shoots great with it. im getting her a 19 since its 9mm. i agree with you, the 19 is so awesome. its on my short list!:party29:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I had a 23, shot great, just expensive ammo....I got a 17, cheaper ammo, I just don't shoot it as well as the 23......guess I need a 19!

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I am the proud owner of a glock 17 and soon to be 22c. i am a fan of the fullsize models. i was gonna buy a 19 later this year but when i found the 22c this past weekend for 379.00/397.00 out the door i was all over it. Not to mention the spare non-compensated barrel coming with it-140.00 value!! Needless to say i like having different calibers around. Sure ammo gets pricey like that but you only live once. Get what makes you happy. Nothing wrong with having 2 9mm's. Hell i have 3 45 autos (2 colts/1 kimber). They make me smile!!

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Keepshooting has them listed for about $506. I went to frieds tonignt and asked them if they could price match or at least be in the same balpark. If they did match the price i was going to buy one tonight. But i had little to worry about they wouldnt come down anyplace close..

Great price...I cant believe some of these other shops. I have seen them as high as $650.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I would recommend just getting the G19 and stopping there. Nothing wrong with the G23, but the G19 can do everything the G23 can do and will save you money on ammo.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    For what ever reason she has her heart set on the 40. She told me since i already. Have 2 9mm hand guns we dont need another 9

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    For what ever reason she has her heart set on the 40. She told me since i already. Have 2 9mm hand guns we dont need another 9

Someone fed her some "stopping power" B.S. because beyond that falsehood there is NO logical reason to choose .40 over 9mm unless you like more Recoil, less capacity, higher ammo cost, less accuracy, and likleyhood of experiencing a Catastrophic Failure.

The only positive about .40 is that it was more available during the last election than 9mm and .45, but that tells you something important.......Beyond Ill Informed LE Agencies, the .40 is dying.

If you get .40 DONT use a 9mm Conversion Barrel on it, they can damage the Slide and Locking Block, and they are terrible at reliably extracting 9mm rounds because you loose positive extraction.

ravens52

Mar 8, 2011
    Millersville, MD
    I am the proud owner of a glock 17 and soon to be 22c. i am a fan of the fullsize models. i was gonna buy a 19 later this year but when i found the 22c this past weekend for 379.00/397.00 out the door i was all over it. Not to mention the spare non-compensated barrel coming with it-140.00 value!! Needless to say i like having different calibers around. Sure ammo gets pricey like that but you only live once. Get what makes you happy. Nothing wrong with having 2 9mm's. Hell i have 3 45 autos (2 colts/1 kimber). They make me smile!!

Where did you get the 22c for that price, or was it a private sale?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    You can get a 23, but change out the barrel to a 357SIG. My favorite CCW piece is a 32. It replaced my Glock 19. With doubletap ammo.. the 125 grainers have the same ballistics as a 357magnum.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    My wife shot a glock 23 and loved it, I do not really care for the 40 S$W round much. I already have 2 92 FS (m9 stock and custom 92SF) handguns and all the reloading stuff for the 9mm so I am thinking about getting the glock 19.
    The other day I was looking at both the 19 and 23 and they look to be just the same but the caliber, This got me thinking that this may be I can get a 19 and then just buy a 23 slide, barrel and magazines and be able to switch back and forth.

Does anyone know If i can just switch out the slide and barrel and be good to go. I have done this with the 92FS and made it into a 96.

Before I bought a G23, I looked at converting my G19 to .40.

Here's what I found out.

IF the G19 is a '3-pin' Glock, you can convert to .40. IF it's a '2-pin' G19, you can't. (The extra pin is for the locking block - to 'beef it up'.)
    You need to change the entire 'top end', though. (The ejector is also different. Some are successfully using the .40 ejector on 9mm conversions, and vice-versa.)

I priced a complete Lone Wolf .40 Glock (G23) upper.
    The complete upper (sights, everything!) is a LOT more expensive than just buying the G23!!! (NO THANKS!!)

"Bulged" .40 S&W cases. Old news. The 'early' .40 S&W Glock chambers weren't completely supported. (No semi-auto pistol chamber is 100% supported, by-the-way! Look at 'em!!)
    Glock re-designed the feedramp and chamber at the 6 o'Clock position, several years ago, on the .40 guns.

Because of the cost of the complete upper to convert my G19 to .40, I just bought a complete G23.
    I like 'em, both!!

Get a G23. You can have a 4 caliber 'package' with the G23.
    .40 S&W; 9mm; .357 Sig; .22lr (with .22 lr upper!)

Windsors

Apr 20, 2012
    Kingsville, MD
    If you get .40 DONT use a 9mm Conversion Barrel on it, they can damage the Slide and Locking Block, and they are terrible at reliably extracting 9mm rounds because you loose positive extraction.

I read that with the older lone Wolf conversion barrels. Have you seen that with the newer ones as well ? I also read that lower powered 9mm rounds caused a problem in the LW barrels. That one bothers me as I wouldn't want to shoot only the expensive rounds, as that defeats the purpose of a 9mm.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Someone fed her some "stopping power" B.S. because beyond that falsehood there is NO logical reason to choose .40 over 9mm unless you like more Recoil, less capacity, higher ammo cost, less accuracy, and likleyhood of experiencing a Catastrophic Failure.

My blood pressure rises when I hear this BS (that if you want a defense gun it has to begin with a "4"). I agree with you completely!

Get the 9mm. The only reason to get .40 is if you're LEO and you're required by your department to carry it, as far as I'm concerned. If you don't like 9mm, and want something more powerful, go with .45 ACP. If your hands aren't big enough, too bad. :D

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I just bought the wife a G23 from keepshooting. Now I am trying to get enough money so I can get a G19 for my self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom