• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddriver

Jan 23, 2008
    How bad is getting a G23 and then getting the 9mm conversion barrel for it? I know it's not the same as a g19, but it's pretty damn close? I personally like the idea of having the option of two rounds. I know it won't be AS reliable as shooting 9mm out of a g19, but for range shooting it's got to be okay, from what I hear.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    do you guys really change out the upper s on AR15s or use centerfire conversion kits on pistols regularly?

how many really switch from 40 to 9 using kits on a regular basis?

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    do you guys really change out the upper s on AR15s or use centerfire conversion kits on pistols regularly?

how many really switch from 40 to 9 using kits on a regular basis?

I switch my g19 to a 22LR on a regular basis and I have a 40 kit for my sig 226 9mm 'just in case.' ;)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I can tell you this... I have seen where someone brought in a G22, said he had a "problem" with it. I can link to the thread later when I have time to search... but basically he was shooting his G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel... one of the fired shells happened to find its way into the .40 S&W barrel (which will go in just enough until the rim of the case stops in the throat...) yet still allowed a .40 S&W cartridge to be chambered behind it. I'll let you guess what happened until I can find the thread (unless someone else links it first).

May be less of an argument against the 9mm conversions as it is for ensuring your barrel is free from obstruction before firing, EACH and EVERY time you fire a weapon... but still. Bad things happen when you like .40 S&W :innocent0

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I bought my wife the G23 that she wanted last week and today I bought me the G19 that I want. both came from keepshooting. I did go to Fred's last week and asked them if they would match the price, they came down some but wouldn't match the great price that keep shooting gave me. so Fred's missed out on selling two handguns.

I am looking at building a custom 40 S$W slide for my G19.

Once again Keepshooting showes how good a store can be.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the .40...if that is what she wants then that is what she should have. At the end of the day it will make her a better shooter. BTW...she is right....how many 9mm guns do you need?

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I can tell you this... I have seen where someone brought in a G22, said he had a "problem" with it. I can link to the thread later when I have time to search... but basically he was shooting his G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel... one of the fired shells happened to find its way into the .40 S&W barrel (which will go in just enough until the rim of the case stops in the throat...) yet still allowed a .40 S&W cartridge to be chambered behind it. I'll let you guess what happened until I can find the thread (unless someone else links it first).

May be less of an argument against the 9mm conversions as it is for ensuring your barrel is free from obstruction before firing, EACH and EVERY time you fire a weapon... but still. Bad things happen when you like .40 S&W :innocent0

It became a .357sig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom