• ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    What? Is this a trick question?

Is a 17 necessary if you own a 19?

Is a 1911 necessary if you own a Commander?

GTFO of Dodge....Of course, it is necessary.

You don't build with one hammer or play a round of golf with 1 Club and 1 Driver?

Meets all the criteria for a great backup combo. Even if you leave the 17 in the nightstand for HD, it always nice to have a Plan B if you get seperated from the G19 or Gaston forbid, the G19 breaks or is damaged and out of service.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    One thing to consider in Southern Maryland is there is always a 3% chance that you may have to go "Glocks Akimbo" one day so you'll be prepared with the 17 & 19.

G40guy

Sep 23, 2016
    On one hand a take slight issue w/ acquiring a full size for "target shooting"...up until very recently i've always owned subcompacts, and they do fine target shooting- if someone finds they don't maybe practice more???

The G17 and what to do w/...I'm a proponent of never giving up firearms...that being said, if you don't have a G26 I may use it to acquire one. One of the great things about glocks is that the different models in the same calibers will feed the others mags (unless its too short obviously). I see a great practical advantage to having a G26 and a G19, 2 different sizes in concealment, yet one caliber and one set of "back up" mags.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    "Forgive me father Gaston for I have sinned."

"Bless you my son, what is the nature of your sin?"

"I own a Glock 19 but have lust in my heart for a Glock 17. I feel terrible, the Glock 19 is arguably the best all around pistol in the world, small enough to conceal, but it's 15+1 rounds of ass kicking +P performance make it a firearm that even the NYPD could use to land a fatal shot on a perp, but something still sends a thrill up my leg for the Glock 17."

"Have no worries, my son, go forth and purchase the Glock 17 for as it is written, the Lion shall lie down with the Lamb, so too shall the 19 and 17 share space in the holster. Use them both for the cause of goodness and may the peace of the larger magazine interchangeability be upon you."

AMEN!

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    get a 26 and a 34 and a 43 to complete the set... then you go for other generations... of you have a short Philips head screw driver and a long one, do you sell one of them? nope

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I started with a G26 Gen 3, sold it, got a G23 RTF2, then a 9mm conversion barrel for the G23, then a G19 slide with threaded barrel (sold the conversion barrel), then got a G19 Gen 4 with threaded barrel (sold the G19 slide), then a G30S, added the G17 Gen 4 and finally added a new G26 Gen 4. I've decided to keep them all. Overall, I probably like the G19 the best (but don't tell the others I said that!)

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Typical first world problems again fellas. I picked up a G19 under the idea it was the best of both worlds (conceal and big enough for target shooting). Just grabbed a G17 and shot them together for few days and now i am having a hard time justifying the 17. I am a 100% sure that i will grab my 19 every time so should i sell or save for rainy day. Need some Maryland shooter "voice of reason."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Needing" a Glock G17 is not in the equation.

I ask....... Just what is this "need"???????

Never. Ever..... use the term "need" in justifying a pistol, rifle, or shotgun.

Need does not compute.

IF you want the G17....... there is your justification.

"So endeth the lesson."

TheNewGuy

Jul 17, 2015
    Yes, yes that would be the question....

By the way I just purchased another G19 and another G17. That brings me to 3 of each plus numerous other Glock's. Always looking for more.

Why purchase so many of the same gun? Or did you go MOS and other colors?

TheNewGuy

Jul 17, 2015
    Thank you all. I have see the light and know the errors of my way. The safe will be kept well fed. God bless you father Gaston!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    G43 was next on list. My FFL guy has them for 499 out the door but also show an M&P Shield for 413 if bought before the end of month.

G43 all the way. The shield has a crap trigger, skinny grip, and a top heavy unbalanced feel to it. Just my opinion. I have a G43 and dumped the shield as soon as I got it.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY

"I own a Glock 19 but have lust in my heart for a Glock 17. I feel terrible, the Glock 19 is arguably the best all around pistol in the world, small enough to conceal, but it's 15+1 rounds of ass kicking +P performance make it a firearm that even the NYPD could use to land a fatal shot on a perp, but something still sends a thrill up my leg for the Glock 17."

"Have no worries, my son, go forth and purchase the Glock 17 for as it is written, the Lion shall lie down with the Lamb, so too shall the 19 and 17 share space in the holster. Use them both for the cause of goodness and may the peace of the larger magazine interchangeability be upon you."

this great i love it! cant will till my 30 days are up! ill be purchasing my g17 gen 4!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

.... and shooteth thy Glock at thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it

TheNewGuy

Jul 17, 2015
    this great i love it! cant will till my 30 days are up! ill be purchasing my g17 gen 4!

Get Designated Collector. You wont have to wait to purchase anymore. I got mine after two weeks and probably one of Marylands least painful processes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom