• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Well, not to put down on some of my neighbors, but some of them are quick to complain to me about the problem, but are not willing to actually do any leg work until it directly affects them. That is what has been irritating about the whole situation. I am the one expected to go toe to toe with these people all the time...until it directly affects one of the neighbors, then all of a sudden, they are the big bad tough guys who saved the neighborhood. Just frustrating.

As far as I see it, I have put my family in danger by trying to protect them and sticking up for the neighborhood.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Also, the State Policeman that I talked to said the reason these guys leave their pit bulls locked up on the side of the house is to prevent BGE from getting to the meter to turn off the power.

I'm sure BGE has a workaround for this...

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Remember: in Texas you can use deadly force to protect your neighbor's property... buy were not in Texas are we? Darn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also Lousiana, but only to protect your car in a car jacking.

Funny thing was, once they passed that law, car jacking virtually stopped. :)

In MD, some 20 or so years ago, there were a large number of car jackings. Then one time, they tried to car jack and FBI agent. A number of rounds of 10mm and several dead car jackers, and car jackings went WAY down. :)

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I feel your pain we have them in groups of 20-50 or more and the most the cops have done is tell gas stations not to sell them gas.I have seen police sit in their cars at the church up the street and just watch them going by then 30 mins. later the helicopter is circling but their long gone,of course it is Baltimore city and they don't do anything unless your already dead.

Feb 28, 2013
    Unfortunately, I doubt that's enough. I think you need to get beat several times or killed at least once before you qualify.:sad20:

And not only that, don't you dare defend yourself against against an attack from the minority the OP hinted at. The only right a "Cop callin' cracka" has in such a situation is the right to be sued for everything he owns or ever will own. :sad20:

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Another Update: It appears in a quick turn of events, everyone in the house has moved out. I know by no means does this mean this is over with these people, and my guard will definitely stay up, but it's a step in the right direction for peace and quiet in this neighborhood.

My experience last weekend and early this week just coincided with foreclosure being completed on the house. I checked the court records and the house was auctioned off and the notice of sale has been filed, great timing. 18 months I've been waiting for this day, I just hope someone better moves in.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side
    One would think this would be enough to get a permit but it won't be. I've had drug deals going on right outside of my house have called police to many times to count. I started writing plates down like the police instructed me to. Doing this got guns pointed at me from the dealers... Call cops they come 1/2 hour after all the events as usual and won't even write a report.... I call the district and they say well nothing we can do unless we catch them doing it... Called MSP and inquired about CCW they pretty much flat out said nope...

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    One would think this would be enough to get a permit but it won't be. I've had drug deals going on right outside of my house have called police to many times to count. I started writing plates down like the police instructed me to. Doing this got guns pointed at me from the dealers... Call cops they come 1/2 hour after all the events as usual and won't even write a report.... I call the district and they say well nothing we can do unless we catch them doing it... Called MSP and inquired about CCW they pretty much flat out said nope...

Cell phone video cameras. If you're out in public you don't have an expectation of privacy. (Anthony Graber is a former co-worker of mine.)

We'll not excoriate you for vertical video since you'll have to hide it in a shirt pocket.

Odiferous Maximus

Feb 16, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Remember: in Texas you can use deadly force to protect your neighbor's property... buy were not in Texas are we? Darn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    In reference to GAMER JIM's post about defending a neighbor's property in Texas...just be sure that the neighbor and you are on the same sheet of music.

I was visiting MD when the Zimmerman verdict came in. I texted a neighbor and gave him permission to use deadly force to protect my property if he deemed it necessary. He agreed.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Another Update: It appears in a quick turn of events, everyone in the house has moved out. I know by no means does this mean this is over with these people, and my guard will definitely stay up, but it's a step in the right direction for peace and quiet in this neighborhood.

My experience last weekend and early this week just coincided with foreclosure being completed on the house. I checked the court records and the house was auctioned off and the notice of sale has been filed, great timing. 18 months I've been waiting for this day, I just hope someone better moves in.

If someone is buying the house to move in and not rent, you can guarantee they'll be at least somewhat better. Nobody sells drugs from a house they pay a mortgage on. That's just crazy.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Also, the State Policeman that I talked to said the reason these guys leave their pit bulls locked up on the side of the house is to prevent BGE from getting to the meter to turn off the power.

Smart meters coming your way soon... They can read, turn on, and turn off power instantaineously. They can also brown you out, and throttle your AC/Heat as well (if connected).

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hard to throttle the AC or heat from the meter.

You can brown out the whole house. But then they would be liable for damage to equipment from the brown out. :)

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Hard to throttle the AC or heat from the meter.

You can brown out the whole house. But then they would be liable for damage to equipment from the brown out. :)

They went and installed a relay on my condenser unit without my permission. When I called to complain they said they would need access to my panel to remove it during normal business hours.

I wouldn't be surprised if MD legislators gave BGE a pass on any damage liability in the most recent session. I'm speculating of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom