• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They went and installed a relay on my condenser unit without my permission. When I called to complain they said they would need access to my panel to remove it during normal business hours.

I wouldn't be surprised if MD legislators gave BGE a pass on any damage liability in the most recent session. I'm speculating of course.

They install ANY equipment on my equipment, they are now liable for any damage or operation issues. Not that I would leave it on, I will remove it. And NOT return it. :)

They cannot touch anything past the meter box.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    This is a very interesting story. I'm just catching up on it and completely forgot about it until I saw this new thread today. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's a wealth of knowledge on the legalities and process to approach a problem like this. Much respect to you and your wife for standing up those scumbags. You guys did the right thing all along with great patience, courage, and respect for the law. If there were more people like you, we wouldn't see this crap as often. I'd be honored to have you as a neighbor. Hopefully, they'll get the same treatment or better in the next neighborhood they invade. It's a shame they seem to be skipping away unscathed, but at least they ultimately were driven away.

RonInMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 22, 2010
    Also, the State Policeman that I talked to said the reason these guys leave their pit bulls locked up on the side of the house is to prevent BGE from getting to the meter to turn off the power.

BGE doesn't need to get to the meter to turn off the power they can do it at the pole where the overhead or underground service is located that feeds the home.
    All they need to do is cut the leads to the wires that service the house.

And if the whole neighborhood has underground electric they will find a legal way to cut the power. Dig it up off the customers property and cut it there.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    For underground, all the connections are above ground. It is not wired like the wires on the pole where a single feed runs down the street and each house taps off of it.

Connections underground are not a good thing.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Thanks guys. The latest update is...while it appeared they moved out, that was wrong. On Saturday, what I assume was the Original Owner of the home showed up to move some stuff. The squatters in the home locked her out and she started screaming at them. Then finally someone let her in, and that was the end of that. The "squatters" are still there.

Once again this morning, the AACo. Police were out at the house. I have no idea what for, but it appeared they had an Animal Control van with them. I assume this was to get the dogs that appeared to have been abandoned, but really aren't. They all talked for about 30 minutes, then the van, and two police cars left. I was watching from work, so I don't know the story. I guess I will have to find out tonight.

I just don't know what is taking so long to get these people out. If it were my house, and some squatters were in it, I'd be on the phone with the police to kick them out, and then have them stand there while I change the locks. I guess we are still in a holding pattern waiting for the bank to take complete control of the house, who knows how long that will take. I would think the AACo. police would get tired of coming out, they have been to our quiet little neighborhood almost every day for two weeks regarding these people. Enough is enough.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    It also appears the garage door was either kicked in or run in by a car, and there is still a TON of activity at the place between midnight and 4am. It's really disheartening, I thought it was all coming to an end.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Another update: Last night BGE finally cut the power to the place and it appears the last of stragglers abandoned ship. I am waiting for them to come back today, but don't see the usefulness of the place without power, hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom