• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Nice. I am just getting started on my .45 suppressor. Going for prints tomorrow.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    :D
    Tundra001.jpg

And here it is with the new lower I got two weeks ago.
    Tundra005.jpg

It was a loooooong wait! But I'm glad it's finally home. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get any trigger time until saturday.
    Now the only problem is deciding what to get next. A can for the AR and another pistol, or another can for a new pistol! So many important decisions!

Jeep, does it matter which end I put the gel in? And any specific ammo I should get? I was told Magtech 147 gr works well. I was going to get some tonite when I picked it up, but they didnt have any in stock. I do have 2 boxes of white box Winchester 147s from wally world and a box of Remington. Not sure if one particular brand is preferred over another.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Get a 22 and a can. It's the best money you can spend on NFA. A suppressed 22 is the closest to Hollywood quiet you'll ever get. And it's also damn cheap to shoot!

:D

Jeep, does it matter which end I put the gel in? And any specific ammo I should get? I was told Magtech 147 gr works well. I was going to get some tonite when I picked it up, but they didnt have any in stock. I do have 2 boxes of white box Winchester 147s from wally world and a box of Remington. Not sure if one particular brand is preferred over another.

Any of the 147's will do just fine. They alway recommend the Mag Tehc 147's because it's what I order for mine (gotta love employee discounts :D) and they have seen how well it functions the guns.

The Gel goes into the attachment end. Start with a teaspoon and work up from there. Make sure you tap muzzle end of the suppressor on the bench to work the gel over the baffels before shooting. Make sure there isn't any blocking the bullets path. It usually last 2 mags (30 rounds). Then you need to re apply the Gel. It really cuts down on the sound. Don't waste it when shooting at an indoor range, you won't notice the differnece as much. When shooting outdoors it really makes a differnece. If you are shooting some where that you can shoot w/o ears, do a before and after. You'll be impressed at the difference the gel makes.

Also please excuse the typing, It's my first week night off in a while, I'm celebrating :D

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Hopefully you had a good time celebrating!

Actually got to shoot it today! I got off work super early today (around 1045:party29:) came home got the glock and the can and took a trip to On Target! Man, what a blast! Very impressed with its performance. Went through 100 rounds pretty quick. They didnt have any in the store, so I had to pack it up. Next time Im going in prepared though lol. I wonder if AAF&G allows cans? My dad's a member down there and I go with him every so often and shoot a little trap and skeet.

I think a .22 sounds like the way to go. I almost left On Target with a GSG...it was hard to resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom