• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Went the Trust route and bought my first NFA/Class III item. GemTech Tundra for my glock 17 :bannana: The Trust was suprisingly easier than I had first thought. Now for the hard part....waiting for the paper work to go through! Big thanks to JeepDriver at Whitemarsh arms:thumbsup:

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Cool, congrats. Very addicting though.

I have a Gemtech Trinity on a G17. I have a Jarvis barrel threaded 13.5x1 LH works nice. Another 9mm supressor is on my list as the Trinity is going to be dedicated to my 9mm AR. Going to be a while, I've already spent my gun fund for the year. I might have one gun show left in me for some ammo only.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    I love spreading the NFA sickness!

The waiting part . . . . . . . . . . . .

IT SUCKS!

Now get that barrel ordered!

Ordered it yesterday from Jarvis. My dad picked up the tab for it since my birthday is on Sunday. 13.5X1 LH :D

Cool, congrats. Very addicting though.

I have a Gemtech Trinity on a G17. I have a Jarvis barrel threaded 13.5x1 LH works nice. Another 9mm supressor is on my list as the Trinity is going to be dedicated to my 9mm AR. Going to be a while, I've already spent my gun fund for the year. I might have one gun show left in me for some ammo only.

Tell me about it. I've got the bug like you wouldn't believe. So many things I want, but not enough money! I need to pace myself.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I went out shooting last night in a friends back yard up in Churchville with my Tundra.

This was the first chance I've had to shoot it more then a few rounds in my back yard or at a range where there were people shooting un-suppressed.

I started out shooting it wet with wire pulling gel useing Fedear AE 147gr. We only went through 100 rds last night, we ran out of day light.

WOW!

What an improvement over the Trinity. Even after the gel had blown out of the suppressor it was still easily hearing safe, and plesent to shoot. When shooting wet it wasn't down to 22 suppressed levels, but it wasn't much louder then my Tac 65 dry.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    WOW!

What an improvement over the Trinity.

Dammit Jeep! I already have a Trinity now you're making me want to switch. I have to admit the Tundra and Tri-Mount both look fantastic.

I just wonder if the LID from the Tundra has something to do with the improvement. IIRC the dude from Silencer Research did a write-up on the Trinity, Evolution, and Trident. The Evolution and Trident both had ports in their LID's to allow gas expansion:

Evolution
    Evo%209%20components.jpg

Trident
    SWR%20LCD%20components.jpg

Where the Trinity did not:
    Gemtech%20LID%203.jpg

The Tundra appears to now have ports. It'd be interesting if this is the major reason for the improved performance. Of course the Tundra's booster is internal so there would be no way to try it on the Trinity, but I wonder if the Multi-Mount LID is ported and if so would it fit the Trinity.

If it is indeed ported and fits the Trinity I'd like to test them side by side and see if it makes a noticeable improvement.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Dammit Jeep! I already have a Trinity now you're making me want to switch. I have to admit the Tundra and Tri-Mount both look fantastic.

I just wonder if the LID from the Tundra has something to do with the improvement. IIRC the dude from Silencer Research did a write-up on the Trinity, Evolution, and Trident. The Evolution and Trident both had ports in their LID's to allow gas expansion:

The Tundra appears to now have ports. It'd be interesting if this is the major reason for the improved performance. Of course the Tundra's booster is internal so there would be no way to try it on the Trinity, but I wonder if the Multi-Mount LID is ported and if so would it fit the Trinity.

If it is indeed ported and fits the Trinity I'd like to test them side by side and see if it makes a noticeable improvement.

I'll bring it this weekend for you to check out.

And I'll tell you something that you may be interested in about the Trinity/Tundra when I get there. :innocent0

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I've never been there before. How is it up there? Maybe next time you are somewhere closer I could join in on the fun?

It's only about an hour and some change from S. Baltimore in case you change your mind. Probably would only be about 1:20ish from Severn.

It's a decent range, I just wish the rifle range were longer. It's got a 100 yard rifle range (actually around 107 to the backstop) with probably fifteen benches, a 50 yard pistol range, a clay range (throw your own), and an archery range.

We'll be up there from 10:00 until whenever we're all shot out for the day.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Sounds like a decent place. I'll see what I can do. I have to juggle a few things around to make it work. Will most likely figure everything out at the last minute. Hopefully everything will work out the way I want.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Little update

The threaded barrell came in yesterday. Its a Jarvis 13.5x1 LH thread pitch.

glockthreadbarrell.jpg

Do I need to put any anti-sieze or oil on the threads or does it not matter?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    The threaded barrell came in yesterday. Its a Jarvis 13.5x1 LH thread pitch.

glockthreadbarrell.jpg

Do I need to put any anti-sieze or oil on the threads or does it not matter?

I do put a little oil on the threads when I install the suppressor. Not really nessary though.

Hopefully you'll have the paper work back in about another 8 weeks!

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    I do put a little oil on the threads when I install the suppressor. Not really nessary though.

Hopefully you'll have the paper work back in about another 8 weeks!

Ok cool. I put some on the other night when I was cleaning it.

Hopefully the paperwork will arrive just in time for the Delmarva shoot. With my luck though it will probably come in the day after!

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County

With my Lone Wolf barrel I normally end up putting teflon tape around the threads to keep the can nice and snug... kind of the opposite of oil. But with the P22 I do a little drop since the fitment is already on the tight side.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    It's here!!!:party29: Picked it up earlier this evening. Pics to follow soon....

Hot Damn!

Congrats on getting the paper work & the new suppressor, you'll be very happy!

Head over to Lowes and pick up some woire pulling gel and add a little to the suppressor and tap it down into the baffels and you'll be amazed at the sound reduction compared to shooting the suppressor dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom